School Supplies Program Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Are you passionate about equity in education? Help get school supplies to teachers and classrooms across Nashville by becoming an AmeriCorps member with DG PENCIL Box Program at PENCIL.
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
The School Supplies Program Leader will conduct the day-to-day operations of satellite PENCIL Box stores, a combination of office and warehouse setting. This member manages a program that makes it easier for Metro Nashville Public Schools teachers to get needed supplies for their classrooms and students.
This member should value flexibility, be able to work independently, and have a desire to work closely with teachers to provide key educational supplies. The right candidate should have an interest in creating programming to respond to new opportunities, display strong organizational skills, and enjoy working with data.
This AmeriCorps member will leave their service with skills in program implementation and evaluation, database management, facilitating and leading volunteers, and budget management.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Facilitate the day-to-day operation of the Satellite PENCIL Box program
- Recruit and lead volunteers to complete key tasks for the Satellite PENCIL Box program
- Work with volunteers to grow and develop the “Classroom Creatives” program that makes manipulatives and bulletin board materials for teachers
- Evaluate how the Satellite program can integrate with all other PENCIL Box programs
Typical Day In This Position
The typical day will involve time for restocking the store, teacher shopping, and hosting volunteers to help with both activities, as well as time to develop, evaluate, and tweak programming to maximize the program for teachers.
Approximately 37.5 hours per week. Flexible set schedule that includes 3-6 PM Monday through Thursday to manage the Satellite stores’ after-school hours for teachers.
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Working with a wide variety of volunteers and teachers from diverse backgrounds
(2) Proficiency with technology tools such as Microsoft Excel and Salesforce CRM
(3) Develop and implementing creative solutions in a team environment
Key abilities include:
(1) Willingness to change direction quickly and to work with the PENCIL team to pursue new opportunities.
(2) Experience or willingness to drive a large van on occasion.
- $6,495 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5