School & Outreach Program Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Education & Outreach, the School & Outreach Program Manager is responsible for all school-related programs, field trips, and outreach efforts.
- Responsible for all areas of Outreach programs including but not limited to: Cheekwood Explorations: Read, Paint & Plant, Art Outreach, and Destination Cheekwood
- Coordinating program initiation, logistics and scheduling
- Maintaining program budgets and tracking program attendance
- Identifying and hiring teaching artists for appropriate programs
- Creating supplemental educational or interpretive materials
- Representing Cheekwood at off-site outreach events and festivals
- Supervising part-time staff associated with programs
- Participate in opportunities to further the organization’s reach in the community
- Provide program data for funding proposals, reports and other development requests
- Oversee the Scarecrow program, including recruiting community groups to create scarecrows, communicating deadlines and answering questions, and assisting with the creation of labels for the scarecrows and return passes for the community groups
- Responsible for all areas of School Programs including but not limited to: school tour content and materials, home school programs, teacher appreciation day, teacher training.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of Middle TN Region Scholastic Art Competition and Exhibition
- Collaboration with other departments as needed for tour and program content, logistics, marketing and implementation
- Development and oversight of tour curriculum and supplemental materials for curriculum-based tours as well as temporary exhibitions
- Update existing educational materials and tour curriculum on a regular basis
- Building and maintaining a relationship with the Metro school system, neighboring school systems in the surrounding counties, as well as private and parochial schools and other cultural institutions
- Preparing and providing material for docent training as needed
- Maintaining program budget and tracking tour attendance
- Coordination of Teacher Advisory Committee
- Responsible for the development and execution of teacher professional development workshops
- Responsible for budgets related to program areas and maintaining accurate attendance figures.
- Serve as Cheekwood liaison to school partners.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree of education, science or art and a minimum of 3 years’ experience required in either a classroom or museum setting. This person must possess a proven track record of prior development and implementation of interpretive programs for students grades pre-K-12; must have strong organization, communication skills and public speaking skills. Must have the availability to work a flexible schedule. Knowledge of museum education practices and local school systems is a plus.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits including health,dental,vision,life, long and short term disability insurance. 403b and Paid Time Off.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Send resume and letter of interest to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
- Date Posted: March 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 03/31/2020
- Working Hours: Based upon program events