Catholic Charities of TN
School-Based Clinical Therapist
Catholic Charities of TN
Under the supervision of the Program Managers and according to contract specifications with the school, the School-based Clinical Therapist is responsible for providing counseling services to children and families, supporting the principals of their school, and providing classroom workshops related to social-emotional development. This position will provide counseling services to Immaculate Conception School in Clarksville, TN 37043 (2 days per week) plus an additional ½ day of off-site meetings and planning time for a total of 18.75 hours per week.
- Be present on campus (approximately 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) for the contracted days per week at assigned school(s) from mid-August through mid-May or according to the school contract.
- Provides ongoing counseling and/or workshops not to exceed 7 sessions per day.
- Communicates regularly with parents or guardians, including obtaining written authorization to work with their child.
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback to referring faculty members and principals on the status of work with the children and families.
- Assess children for referrals to other community resources.
- Makes referrals to other agencies and individuals according to agency guidelines when the counselor is unable to meet the needs of the client.
- Maintains record of activities and submits timely and accurate reports to the Compliance Program Manager and to the assigned school.
- Maintains current records on all assigned cases according to agency guidelines.
- Consult, at least once a week, with the Clinical Program Manager.
- Plans and provides one major in-service in August of each year to school faculty.
- Develops and implements groups to meet the needs of the children.
- Attends departmental and agency meetings or training, as required.
- Maintains accurate client and program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participates in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s degree in social work or related field.
- Experience working with children in a family setting.
- License in Social Work or a related field from the State of Tennessee is strongly preferred or working towards it (e.g., LCSW, LMSW, MMFT, LMFT, LPC-MHSP).
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Knowledge of human behavior and ability to use various methods and techniques of crisis counseling with children and their families.
- Ability to relate to and work with emotionally upset individuals.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to plan and organize work and follow tasks through to completion.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases and other systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and/or meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Successful completion of criminal background screening.
- Ten (10) vacation days
- Twelve (12) personal days
- Eighteen (18) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2009479/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/School-based-Clinical-Therapist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required
- Date Posted: October 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.