School Based Behavioral Health Liaison
Skills & Knowledge Preferred:
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with children’s mental, emotional and social development and well-being.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with children/families and teachers/staff in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of how to develop family-driven and strength-based treatment/behavior plans with families.
- Knowledge of system of care/wraparound principles/practices.
- Knowledge of Trauma-informed practices/approach
- Experience facilitating support groups and training parents and professional staff/teachers.
- Excellent organizational, written, communication and problem-solving/creative thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration, customer service, and leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
- Partner with teachers/administration to seamlessly integrate trauma informed practices/mental health awareness into existing education systems.
- Provide training to teachers, staff, and parents about Building Strong Brains/ACES, Trauma and Co-Occurring Disorders and Understanding the link between Adolescent Trauma and Substance abuse
- Identify students/parents and teachers/staff currently experiencing or at-risk of experiencing trauma related stress symptoms
- Completes Strengths-Based Assessments (CANS, ACES, CBITS)
- Provide group, family, and individual counseling intervention for students/families
- Facilitate regular/recurring trauma screenings, trauma informed mental health assessments and group/individual interventions (TF-CBT)
- Facilitate parent and teacher/staff trainings such as Promoting Healthy and Successful Students, Youth Mental Health and First aid and Nurturing Parenting
- Facilitate Child Trauma Toolkit training for teachers/staff and ensure pre/post tests are completed
- Present/teach MindUp curriculum in order to help students improve coping skills and decrease anxiety.
- Assist teachers/administrative staff in creating and implementing trauma-informed practices
- Facilitate satisfaction survey completion process in order to review progress and measure outcomes of improving early identification and intervention of trauma related stress symptoms in students and teachers
- Consult and collaborate with teachers/parents regarding students’ needs identified in IEPs to ensure appropriate accommodations are identified/implemented.
- Consult and collaborate with teachers/parents regarding behavioral/learning plans
- Document individual and group counseling sessions in EHR as well as all other required assessments, training and outcome measurement tools.
- Ensure client information is secured consistent with HIPAA requirements.
- Other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance.
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or closely related field is required. Preference given to parents/caregivers or family members of children with SED. Non-profit organization experience and work history within child serving systems, (especially Juvenile Justice) also strongly preferred.
A career at TN Voices offers a motivating and team player environment with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 403b plan with match and supplemental benefits options – in addition to thirteen (13) paid holidays and a generous PTO accrual system.
How to Apply
Please email your curent resume to Blair Chapman at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: May 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 05/21/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F