Society of St. Andrew
Satellite Gleaning Coordinator for Northwest TN
Society of St. Andrew
To assist in coordinating gleaning efforts, activities and events for the Society of St. Andrew (SoSA) in Northwest TN.
- Identify and recruit growers, gleaners and hunger-relief agencies in the Northwest TN area. This includes the counties of: Stewart, Houston, Humphreys, Benton, Carroll, Henry, Weakley, and Montgomery.
- Organize and execute gleaning events at least once or twice a week during the summer and fall seasons.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Coordinate the transportation of produce from gleaning events to feeding agencies.
- Supervise gleaning events to ensure the safety of participants and respect for grower’s property.
- Communication responsibilities:
- Provide clear instructions to gleaners, answering any questions about program and provide follow up information. This includes assuring liability waivers are signed.
- Keep the growers informed of activities and results from gleaning events.
- Keep accurate records of all gleaning events and provide to Program Coordinator a monthly report.
- Keep in regular contact with SoSA staff, expressing achievements, opportunities and problems.
- Communicate well with all third party agencies to support continued relationship-building.
The Satellite Gleaning Coordinator should be a creative and highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills, in addition to a passion for feeding the hungry. Since this position is established away from the regional office, coordinators work from home. Some physical labor when leading gleaning events can be expected. Coordinators must be willing to work Saturday mornings, if needed. Access to a personal computer, internet, and a vehicle is required.
- Hours available based on produce availability and growing seasons.
- Rate of pay is $9.00 per hour.
- Expected hours per week: 15 (average). Not to exceed 450 total hours during contract period.
- Position requires working Saturday during gleaning season and (occasionally) Sunday for church visits.
- Mileage for events will be reimbursed at $0.42/mile up to $900.
How to Apply
Email Kelsey Miller at email@example.com with a resume.
- Date Posted: February 19, 2020
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/01/2020
- Salary Range: $9/hour
- Working Hours: 15 hours/week (average)