TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
Safety & Security Officer-Unarmed
TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture.
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Security Officer position supports TPAC events, programming, and its venues to insure the safety and security of guests and employees of TPAC by maintaining the department’s policies and protecting its people, property & assets.
- Provides support for the operations of all safety and security functions at all TPAC facilities.
- Provides security presence and guidance for the safety and security of guests and all employees. This includes building security and event security for Andrew Jackson Hall, James K. Polk Theater, Andrew Johnson Theater, and War Memorial Auditorium.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and employees by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting building, and access points; controlling personnel and guest entry into the facility.
- Maintains the security presence at TPAC Stage Door by identifying and verifying clients, TPAC employees or contractors working within the TPAC facilities.
- Staffs the Event Operations Center (EOC) during events and other times as directed to assist in the smooth function of events at TPAC and provide internal cooperation between departments.
- Helps to enforce and maintain the TPAC Safety Program. This includes elements of the local fire code, OSHA, building safety, NFPA 101 (Life Safety Code), AEDs, Basic First Aid & CPR training, and Covid 19 programs for pandemic detection & mitigation.
- Provide security presence and conduct area security patrols ensuring all doors on TPAC floors are secure during business hours and after hours to include administrative offices, stairwell(s), stage doors, auditorium(s) equipment, and all other access points; verifying entry to authorized individuals. Provides relief for other stationary security officers and 3rd floor receptionist.
- Provides security presence, access control, and guidance for guests at TPAC points of entry, lobbies, and Stage Door. Completes daily patrol reports and incident reports as needed including interviewing witnesses, obtaining signatures.
- Provides presence and serves as a member of a security team conducting patron screening, utilizing Magnetometer’s and hand wand detectors as needed.
- Provide assembly and disassembly of detection equipment for weapons and health screening stations and related security equipment for events.
- Provides cash escorts in house or to the bank as needed. Provides escort for staff to personal vehicles as needed.
- Assists with preventative maintenance checks of safety devices such as but not limited to fire extinguishers, first aid kits and AED’s.
- Provide fire watch for events when directed and maintain proper logs.
- Ensuring compliance of all Covid-19 Policies and Procedures.
- Supports TPAC’s Diversity, Inclusion, Access, and Equity (DIAE) program as a part-time team member but also to our guest.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
Required: At least 3 years of security, law enforcement, or medical/fire experience. Availability of 3-4 shifts weekly. Shifts are a 4 hour minimum. Daily email access. Consistent professional and neat presentation.
Preferred: Current TN Unarmed Officer License. CPR/AED Certifications. Ability to work well in and manage crowds and remain calm in stressful situations.
Encouraged: Previous Venue Security experience, Bilingual, Enjoys working with the public.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
ADP Workforce Now, Email, Zoom, CCTV Camera Software.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national, or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our job portal
- Date Posted: June 8, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture