Safe Release Support Specialist
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Safe Release Support Specialist in its Refugee and Immigration Services Department. This position is full-time and based at the 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with limited evening and weekend hours as needed.
The primary function of this position is to perform digital fingerprint scanning for sponsors seeking custody of unaccompanied minors. Daily activities include answering phone calls and emails requesting appointments and working to maintain an up-to-date calendar of fingerprint appointments, helping sponsors complete paperwork necessary for fingerprinting, conducting fingerprint scans, ensuring accurate transmission of documents electronically, and maintaining electronic files for all cases. The Support Specialist is also responsible for handling walk-in sponsors in accordance with the fingerprint calendar.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
- Must possess superior listening skills and be patient
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- High School Diploma or equivalent with two years general office experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft applications with advanced skills in Excel and Access or database equivalent.
- Must read, write and speak English and Spanish fluently
- Experience working across cultures
Excellent benefits including paid vacation and sick days and health, life and disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter explaining your qualifications for this position with resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.
- Date Posted: April 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/26/2021
- Salary Range: $30,272
- Working Hours: 37-1/2 hrs/wk; 8:00am - 4:30pm