Sexual Assault Center
SAC Accompaniment Advocate
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: To provide medical accompaniment, information, support, and resources to SAC clients
Reports To: Director of Advocacy, SAFE Clinic and Statewide Sexual Assault Crisis Line
Major Duties Include:
- Participate in Medical Accompaniment Program by assuming clinic coverage responsibilities to respond to rape victims seeking medical legal exams in Davidson County.
- To maintain appropriate and thorough documentation and electronic records.
- Attend Criminal Injuries Victims Compensation training every 3 years.
- Attend regularly scheduled Advocacy Team meetings.
- Attend SAC all staff meetings monthly.
- Other duties assigned.
- Experience working within diverse communities required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience working with sexual assault victims/survivors and/or systems/organizations working on behalf of sexual assault victims/survivors preferred.
- Experience working in or with a health care setting preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications’ dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team of individuals representing multiple organizations and interests.
- Capability to model trauma-informed approach and cultural humility related to client care, supervision, and team/organizational wellness.
- Organized, detail oriented, and flexible.
- Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
- Utilizes good judgment to navigate uncertainty and conflict.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record keeping systems.
Sexual Assault Center offers excellent paid time off and recognizes 11 holidays throughout the year. Part-time employees are not eligible for insurance benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The Sexual Assault Center is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other prioritized populations.
SAC values diversity and inclusivity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, religious and spiritual beliefs or practices, political views or affiliations, and abilities.
- Date Posted: November 7, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Working Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 8:00pm - 8:00am