Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Route Driver, Client Food Deliveries
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
We are hiring for a full-time Driver, Non-CDL to join the Program Services team of the Agency & Program Services department at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN.
What you’ll do:
Summary: Travels throughout Davidson County delivering monthly food boxes to senior citizen participants of a government benefit program. Shares route delivery responsibilities with Co-Driver by driving safely and defensively to residential homes, apartment high rises and public housing complexes.
- Loads and unloads sprinter van using forklift and dolly. Throughout the day, lifts and carries individual food boxes weighing up to 35 pounds and maneuvers large dollies with stacks of boxes.
- Understands and adheres to the program rules and guidelines to certify program enrollments. Utilizes technology to log distributions and certifications in the database system on a computer tablet.
- Provides excellent customer service, professionalism, patience, respect and empathy when directly serving program participants, especially considering diversity of socio-economic status, physical abilities, language spoken and familial status.
When & Where: Day shift schedule Monday – Friday to work primarily from our distribution center in Nashville, TN from 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM (approximately 35-40 hours/ week). Occasional evening and weekend hours, as needed.
Is this you?
- Education: High school diploma/GED required.
- Experience: One year of experience driving professionally and making deliveries or working with clients in a customer service setting required. One year of experience working with seniors preferred.
- Skills: Safe driving, ability to lift/carry heavy items, professional and friendly demeanor, customer service orientation, ability to comfortably operate computer tablet and attention to detail.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case by case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
- Work with a purpose: As one of Middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. Our mission is to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work.
- Award-winning workplace: we are a best in class workplace because we are passionate and people focused, so that our community can count on us for our critical work. We are among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces based solely on employee feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program.
- Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Full-time employment includes 34+ days off, medical (employee-only is 100% employer paid), dental, vision, retirement (up to 8% match), disability insurance (short and long term) and long-term care insurance.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity: Second Harvest embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we serve. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
1. Online: employment application on our website – http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a7883a877dab2740177faed209479b9&gns=CNM. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
2. Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website at https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/contact/.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN. We love it here and think you will too.
- Date Posted: June 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F, 6 AM - 2 PM