RN-LPN, Bilingual English/Spanish
Employment Status Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To Nurse Manager
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides nursing support directly for one specific provider but also for the entire team of providers along with the other nurses.
- Provides basic triage on a rotating basis, both by phone and in-person to walk-in patients.
- Performs in-office procedures as needed including HbA1c, blood glucose, strep screen, U/A, pregnancy test, EKGs and audiometry.
- Provides PO, IM and nebulized medications as needed. Provides IV access on occasion.
- Performs phlebotomy for in-office laboratory as needed.
- Collaborates with other members of the Care Team by making phone calls on behalf of the provider to the patient, pharmacy or another physician’s office.
- Provides patient education according to nurse assessment or direction by provider.
- Provides patient assessment and follow-up through phone calls and occasional home visits.
- May provide health education to Community Health Workers within the Community Health program if designated.
- Provides care coordination of enrolled patients.
- Delivers care in the manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Trains and supports nurse volunteers.
- Performs other clinical duties as assigned such as ordering clinic supplies, reporting to the Health Department, serving as refugee immunization back-up, providing EMR support, or serving on the OSHA committee.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
Education and Experience
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Exhibits compassion and respect to patients as well as being personable and outgoing
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records preferred
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
A generous benefits package is included along with joining a team whose shared mission is “to share the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care.”
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply for this position. Also browse the website to learn more about our organization including our mission and core values.
- Date Posted: December 2, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $26.50/hr. with an RN or BSN licensure