Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Work for one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well.
The Cheekwood Retail Department is seeking a Retail Manager to drive sales and manage the daily operations of Cheekwood’s multiple gift shops. Cheekwood has two gift shops on the property. The NEW Garden Shop features décor, gift and children’s items. The Museum Shop sells jewelry, art and books. There is also a Holiday Marketplace open from November-January as well as multiple pop-up events throughout the year. This position reports to the Director of Retail.
• Training, motivating and mentoring retail staff
• Communicating customer service and sales expectations to staff regularly
• Responsible for tracking store sales, meeting monthly revenue goals and actively adjusting when necessary to improve results
• Monitoring part-time staff time and attendance
• Reviewing individual performance with staff and coaching as necessary
• Provide training to Retail Sales Associates and assist in hiring process
• Work closely with the Retail Director to maintain visual standards throughout store and place new merchandise on sales floor
• Maintain an organized stockroom and backstock system
• Inventory Management
• Implement loss prevention best practices and maintain low shrink
• Receive shipments in a timely manner and ensure accuracy of packing slips and invoices
• Communicate with vendors about RTVs, claims and inventory discrepancies
• Enter all purchase orders into POS system, creating product descriptions, categorizing, and pricing items
• Analyze sales trends, sell-though and pricing policies to ensure profitability
• Responsible for monitoring opening/closing procedures within the Gift Shops.
• Operates Point of Sale system – completing sales, returns and various other transactions.
• Be present on the sales floor during peak times and events and ensure proper floor coverage
• Maintain online shop – taking product photos, uploading product descriptions and item images.
• Fulfilling web orders in a timely manner
• Retail Management experience required
• Experience in Inventory Management systems and Receiving
• Proven track record of meeting sales goals
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to maintain e-commerce site, including staging and taking photos, editing photos and copywriting
• Knowledge of merchandise and ability to upsell
• Pleasant service-oriented demeanor and strong customer service skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with a diverse staff, customers, and vendors
• Flexible schedule – must work 40 hours each week including several nights & weekends throughout the year
• Willing to walk/stand for long periods
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs with frequent lifting/carrying.
Cheekwood offers a comprehensive array of valuable benefits to full-time team members to protect health, family and way of life including Health Insurance with an HRA (Cheekwood pays 90% of the cost of one of the employee-only plans), Dental (Cheekwood pays a portion of the premium), Vision, Life Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Long Term Disability Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 403b (with a generous employer match offered), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off and 11 Paid Holidays. Aflac products are also available.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
Visit our website: https://cheekwood.org/about/join-our-team/.
**Please upload a cover letter with your resume**
- Date Posted: September 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 10/09/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk