Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
ReStore Volunteer Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
The ReStore Volunteer Coordinator manages the delivery and administration of the Habitat ReStore volunteer experience by recruiting, scheduling and overseeing the volunteers for the Nashville ReStore, ensuring that sufficient volunteers are available and that they have all of the information and support necessary for a positive and productive experience. In addition to managing the entire volunteer engagement the ReStore Volunteer Coordinator will also participate as part of the ReStore team in receiving donated merchandise, pricing, stocking, customer service and other duties as assigned to influence the success of the ReStore. This job does not have the capability to be done remotely.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Provide volunteer coordination services to the ReStore in Davidson County.
- Actively participate with ReStore management by coordinating with individual and group volunteer activities, including recruitment, orientation, scheduling, task assignment, retention, engagement and evaluation.
- Establish relationships with volunteer organizations, court appointed clients, workers comp. agencies, state and federally funded volunteer programs and religious congregations through in person contact or electronic channels for a positive volunteer experience.
- Develop and implement a training, retention and safety plan for all new and existing volunteers.
- Manage ReStore volunteer recruitment software to ensure volunteer records and hours are maintained in Habitat’s database: provide database reports as needed.
- Establish and execute a plan for activities, events and awards to recognize HFHGN ReStore volunteers annually.
- Participate in volunteer service fairs at local schools, universities and businesses to develop and recruit volunteer partners.
- Survey volunteers to determine if their volunteer experience with HFHGN ReStore was positive. Document feedback.
- Assist in Donation pick- ups as needed & assist in Deconstruction and corporate pick-ups as needed.
- Engage with ReStore staff to complete assigned special projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Serve as the point of contact for all ReStore volunteers across stages of activity, from expression of interest through completion of volunteering in the store
- Recruit and retain individual and group ReStore volunteers
- Coordinate with ReStore management to ensure a positive, productive experience for volunteers
- Carry out other ReStore responsibilities as assigned by management to influence the success of the ReStore
College degree in Volunteer Management preferred. Experience in marketing, communications and public relations and recruiting, working with and retaining volunteers. Proven experience leading individuals and groups to solve problems and celebrate team success. Must be proficient in computer software programs and coordination of outreach programs.
Must possess the following attributes:
· Strong writing skills
· Ability to communicate orally with individuals and groups
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
· Strong computer skills
· Valid Driver’s license and insurable driving record
Must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
This is a full-time hourly position, Tuesday through Saturday. Occasional overtime may be offered. Satisfactory attendance is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- SIMPLE IRA
- SIMPLE IRA Matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: T-S, 8:30am - 5:30pm