Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
ReStore Manager – Wilson County
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
The ReStore Manager – Wilson County is responsible for leading all aspects of the launch and day-to-day management of the Wilson ReStore, including staff recruitment/development/retention, excellent customer service, safety, social media, stocking, and pricing to drive donations and sales. Externally, the ReStore Manager – Wilson County cultivates relationships with corporate donors for inventory donations. Internally, this position builds a culture based on customer service and performance, mutual respect, and the Habitat mission. A successful start-up as well as continued growth of the new Wilson ReStore will necessitate generating and managing a reliable pipeline for high-value inventory donations, ensuring customer satisfaction, and recruiting and developing a talented staff. The ReStore Manager will build relationships with Habitat staff and Advisory Council members serving Wilson County to support overall effectiveness and impact.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
The role of the ReStore Manager – Wilson County is to launch and successfully manage the Wilson ReStore as part of HFHGN’s 3-store ReStore network (Dickson, Davidson, and Wilson County stores). Success will include meeting ambitious growth expectations and other financial targets throughout the start-up and growth of the new, 35,000-square-foot facility. Achieving growth targets will require establishing a pipeline for high-value inventory donations, through building relationships with corporate donors throughout Wilson County in partnership with the ReStore Director of Corporate Donations and encouraging local donations. On the sales floor, the Manager is in ongoing contact with the staff and customers to ensure a positive customer experience and growth in sales. He/she manages the daily flow of donations coming in and determines pricing and floor setup. Also manages ReStore staff and partners with volunteers on store activities. He/she is responsible for ensuring that staff members provide great customer service. The ReStore Manager ensures effective marketing is in place and that social media is utilized effectively. He/she ensures all ReStore policies and procedures are followed and participates in and supports agency activities as requested.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, develop, nurture, and maintain the major donor relationships required to provide inventory to support the achievement of sales goals, including anticipated 20% annual growth through the start-up phase of a new facility.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and appraise staff.
- Maintain presence on the sales floor with regular contact with customers and staff.
- Coordinate with ReStore operations, IT and Marketing, and PR for store support.
- Provide additional support when needed for donation pick-ups and deConstruction activities.
- Manage budgets to meet growth and profitability objectives.
- Ensure maintenance of a clean. well-organized store that provides a safe environment for staff and customers.
- Address customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensuring courteous and efficient donation acceptance.
- Oversee pricing and stock control.
- Prepare promotional materials and displays and utilize social media in alignment with established guidelines.
- Manage the annual ReStore physical inventory process.
- Participate in the Annual Review Process.
- Ensure all Habitat for Humanity International and Affiliate Policies and Guidelines are followed.
- Provide staff support at the building site as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Recruits and manages ReStore staff in accordance with overall company policies and specific job expectations
- Establishes and maintains relationships with corporate donors to ensure ongoing inventory
- Understands, communicates, monitors, and achieves financial and other performance expectations for the Wilson County ReStore
- Ensures the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and the ability to work with others of diverse ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Manages difficult situations quickly, fairly, and in accordance with company policies.
- Assures safety compliance.
- Maintaining regular and reliable attendance.
- Five or more years of management experience in a retail environment is required, with a strong preference for prior Habitat ReStore management experience in a ReStore with annual revenues of at least $400,000.
- Proven track record of managing rapid revenue growth, with a strong preference specifically for experience growing Habitat ReStore operations; prior retail store opening experience highly desirable.
- Proven ability to build relationships and inventory donation pipelines with corporate donors.
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience with setting, tracking, and managing a detailed store budget.
- Ability to operate a box truck and a forklift is highly desirable.
- A college degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Requires valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
- SIMPLE IRA
- SIMPLE IRA matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Employer paid STD/LTD & Life Insurance
- HSA, and HSA employer match
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: October 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: T-S, 8:30 am - 5:30 am