The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
Resource Development Manager
The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
The Resource Development Manager works closely with CEO and Senior Management to create and implement a comprehensive resource development plan to meet the goals of the organization. She/he will build successful giving programs including Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Grant Writing, and Communications. This broad effort includes building and maintaining positive long-lasting relationships with individuals, foundations, and corporate donors throughout the United States and Globally.
The Resource Development Manager works closely with the Communications and Marketing Team and Donor Services in creating, implementing, measuring, and evaluating the success of all messaging, marketing and fundraising.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and expands the Major Gifts and Planned Giving programs
- Spearheads grant writing including building relationships with foundations, corporations, and global potential partners. This includes grant writing and managing required reporting.
- Manages the Communications team ensuring all messaging and materials support the Sanctuary’s resource development plan and remain consistent with the essence of Sanctuary.
- In collaboration with CEO, Director of Finance and Senior Manager – External Relations (SMER), she/he develops The Elephant Sanctuary’s multi-year fundraising budget.
- Oversees the development of the organization’s Annual Report.
- Manages and grows a portfolio of relationships with donors and foundations.
- Cultivates, solicits and stewards individual, foundation, and corporate giving.
- Manages and maintains ongoing communications with new and sustaining donors.
- Oversees all forms of marketing efforts.
- Works closely with SMER, Donor & VIP Manager, and Communications Team in nurturing established relationships and actively pursuing new alliances and corporate sponsorships to maximize The Sanctuary’s visibility
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
The Resource Development Manager develops and implements fundraising strategies to meet organization’s short and long-term fundraising goals and objectives
- Leads planning efforts that set development and communications goals
- Collaborates with CEO and Board on future capital campaigns and special projects.
- Assists CEO with creation of proposals and special support materials
- Facilitates PR and Communications Program annual review and assessment
- Assists with Board and Regulatory Agency reports as requested
- Keeps informed of developments in the fields of development, fundraising, not-for-profit management and governance, and elephant care and conservation work and uses this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation
- Collaborates with Directors and Senior Management in developing new programs
- Works with CEO and Director of Finance on resource development multi-year and annual budgets
- Leads additional projects as assigned, such as, award applications and special events
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES:
- Bachelor Degree required in Communications, English, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a successful fundraising role with proven knowledge of strategies.
- Focused, strategic thinker; results-oriented
- Time management skills, meeting deadlines and teamwork are essential
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships
- Experience in personally soliciting $2,500+ gifts
- Working knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar gift tracking software
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms (i.e. Givecloud)
- Basic knowledge of email marketing platforms, and Google Analytics needed
- Familiarity with Google Workspace Suite preferred
- Familiarity with Foundation Search and/or DonorPerfect is a plus
- Possesses excellent public relations skills, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills which transcend diverse audiences
- Demonstrated motivational and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission
Medical, dental, vision, EAP, 401K with up to 3% match, Short Term Disability, Life, AirEvac along with supplemental insurances for Accident, Critical Illness and additional Life
How to Apply
email cover letter and resume to HumanResources@elephants.com
- Date Posted: November 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: depends on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk