United Way of Greater Nashville
Resource Coordinator – The Family Collective
United Way of Greater Nashville
Please note: This position is a one-year contract with the possibility of permanant positioning.
Position Summary: The Resource Coordinator contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by leading efforts to align resources to strengthen a system of support for individuals who are experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity and manage the Landlord Risk Mitigation Fund (LRMF) – a partnership between United Way of Greater Nashville, Rooftop Nashville, and the Metro Homeless Impact Division (MHID). This position is keenly aware of community resources and how to foster alignment among organizations and initiatives. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating with MHID to develop landlord relationships that increase access to affordable housing.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Works in collaboration with Rooftop Nashville and MHID to develop and assess process for engaging landlords and managing the distribution of resources
- Works in collaboration with partners to assess the effectiveness of the LRMF and develop practices for improvement
- Provides training sessions to raise awareness of community resources, increase alignment, and maximize utilization and access to these resources
- Works in collaboration with partners to develop systems around resource distribution and the alignment of resources
- Works closely with other housing locators in the community to analyze, identify, and develop strategies to strengthen landlord engagement
- Identifies, creates, and implements short and long term goals and objectives with the aim of achieving successful outcomes
- Works in collaboration with MHID to follow up on phone calls with landlords, clients, and partners in a timely manner
- Ensures efficient inter-program and partner communication by distributing information in a timely manner, allowing for team members to be aware of progress in programs, projects, and procedures
- Leads the development of reporting for the LRMF.
- Assists in processing of invoices to allow for timely submission of payment to landlords and reimbursement of funds for Rooftop Nashville
- Maintains related data tracking requirements to fulfill the requirements of the LRMF
- Prepares agendas and makes arrangements for available resources and materials needed in order to facilitate a successful meeting with partners
- Prepares all necessary materials to allow for communication before, during and after meetings
- Handles all meeting information requests and follows-up to ensure effective communication with all parties involved
- Records meeting minutes to create an accurate account of the meeting, to record decisions made, and assigned actions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field; Masters’ preferred
- Associates Degree in a business-related field, or
- Experience in administration and event planning/project management
- Administrative Support: 1 year
- Non-profit program development and management: 2-3 years
- Ensuring the fidelity of data entry
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and technological communication
- Relationship cultivation and management
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding metrics and evaluation
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Basic computing skills
- Serving vulnerable communities
- Community collaboration
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm