Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Residential Supervisor, Weekends
Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied exists to provide opportunities for all to experience God’s unconditional love, forgiveness, and life-transforming power. Mercy’s residential counseling program is voluntary, biblically-based, and helps young women ages 13–32 break free from life-controlling issues and situations, including anxiety, depression, abuse, eating disorders, self-harm, addictions, unplanned pregnancy, and sex trafficking. These residential services are offered free-of-charge. In September of 2020, Mercy Multiplied launched its first Mercy Multiplied Center for Wellness and Counseling in Monroe/West Monroe, LA offering free-of-charge outpatient counseling to that community. Our Outreach Services train and resource men and women to effectively support and minister to those who are hurting and struggling through workshops, videos, podcasts, discipleship teaching, and other practical resources.
The staff at Mercy Multiplied is a team of talented, fun, and hardworking people across four U.S. locations who work together to serve one mission: to provide opportunities and resources for all to experience God’s unconditional love, forgiveness, and life-transforming power.
We are looking for skilled, enthusiastic, service-minded people for our team. In addition to being a part of a mission that is greater than themselves, staff enjoy the following:
- Opportunities to exercise their faith working alongside a supportive team of believers
- Sessions led by dynamic Bible teachers and Christian speakers and authors brought in from all over the world
- Jeans every day and a casual dress code on Fridays
- Work-life balance
- A generous period of paid time off during the Christmas holiday
- Great work environment and office spaces
We have an immediate opening for a Weekend Residential Supervisor at our home located in Nashville, Tennessee.
33 Hours/Week (full-time)
Week 1*: Friday 4:00 pm – Saturday 5:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm – 12:00 am (overnight shift into Monday, as shown in Week 2)
Week 2*: Monday 12:00 am – 8:30 am; Saturday 4:30 pm – Sunday 5:00 pm
*Staff is compensated for sleep time.
To be successful in this role, one must have the following:
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Must have a high school diploma or pass a general educational development test (GED)
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to set good boundaries
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English
- Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supervise Friday, Saturday and Sunday work details including meals and clean up. This also includes snack time.
- Supervises and Trains weekend staff.
- Writes and sends the weekend report and Sunday night report to all home staff.
- Answers phone calls and takes messages.
- Reports any major problems to Program Director; other information will be in the weekend report.
- Coordinates residents’ personal phone calls and visits.
- Assorts mail and distributes to residents.
- Supervises dispersment of medication to the residents as needed.
- Safely transporting the residents to special events on the weekend.
- Safely transporting the residents to church on Saturday night and Sunday morning.
- Checks residents in from and out for the weekend visits, if needed.
- Fills out necessary form for residents leaving for the weekend.
- Give out disciplines to residents for disobeying guidelines and rules of the home when needed.
- Checks work details including the bathroom details.
- Monitor the resident’s appearance, conduct and conversations.
- Resolve any conflict between the residents if they cannot resolve it themselves.
- Assign an alternate for any work duties previously assigned to a girl that is out for the weekend.
- Delegates who will take residents to the hospital and/or pick up prescriptions from the pharmacy when needed.
- Check all interior and exterior doors at night and set the alarm after lights out.
- Check rooms after lights out to make sure the residents are obeying the rules.
- Check residents’ rooms to make sure all are up and beds are made before breakfast.
- Keep the Program Director up to date with weekend schedules.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Supervises meals and residents plates to make sure they have the appropriate nutrition based on the direction of the Nutrition Manager.
- Supervises and makes overall decisions for the weekend, with direction from the Program Director when necessary.
- Keeps Program Director informed of emergencies (suicidal threats, emergency vehicles on property, residents going to the hospital, resident leaving property, etc.)
Reports to: Program Director
Education: College degree preferred; must have a high school diploma or pass a general educational development test (GED)
Skills: Excellent communication, works well under pressure, ability to multi-task, ability to set good boundaries. Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via our website, https://mercymultiplied.com/employment-opportunities.
- Cover letter sharing your heart
- Personal testimony (only up to two pages please)
- Salary requirements
- Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please). Mercy Multiplied hires and employs individuals who live a life conducive to Christian principles.
- Date Posted: November 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: $18.00 - $18.50 per hour
- Working Hours: 33 hrs/wk