- Ability to evaluate, monitor and support clients’ well-being and stability in various life domains
- Ability to act effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to manage a complex caseload of high-need, chronically mentally ill clients.
- Ability to document shift events and communicate effectively with Management.
- Familiarity with Medication Administration Record (MAR) processes.
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions, First Aid and CPR.
Duties & Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
- Provide support and assistance to residents in a variety of areas and skills (domestic, personal hygiene, work, social and recreational skills and self-help skills.
- Responsible for prompting and assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s). This may include bathing, grooming and toileting assistance as well as cleaning, chores, and other daily activities of independent living.
- Observe and report changes to residents’ health and behaviors.
- Actively participate in resident’s activities including outings and groups.
- Complete required ECR documentation within established timeframes; Incident reports, Shift Notes, etc.
- Provide client Medication Assistance as noted within the Medication Assistance Record (MAR) and document appropriately in the MAR. Any medication questions or concerns should be addressed immediately with the Program Manager and/or Program Director.
- Report all maintenance related issues to the House Manager and Program Director.
- Support and enable good relations with residents by communicating respectfully at all times.
- Responsibilities for upkeep and operations of the home, including but not limited to: meal preparation and cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Ensure that the home is clean and tidy at all times in accordance with standards established by the House Manager and Program Director.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability by being a role model for residents in dress and behavior at all times.
- Respond to crisis needs of residents in a prompt, effective and collaborative manner.
- Timely reporting to beginning of each assigned shift.
- Participate in a shift summary/transition meeting at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Collaborate with management and treatment professionals on implementing interventions and strategies to address the client behaviors.
- Comply with all TNV Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with Federal Confidentiality Law to protect the rights of the residents.
- All other duties as appropriate and as needed for the success of assigned clients not specifically denoted within this Job description.
Residential Specialists must be able to demonstrate a means of Reliable transportation to and from work. Training in proper crisis prevention initiatives and universal precautions required. A minimum of a high school diploma with 1 year of qualifying experience working with individuals with mental illness or developmental disabilities or certification as a Medical Assistant or CNA/CNT. The Residential Specialist is expected to perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the mission and core values of TNV and comply with all TNV policies and procedures, OSHA, CMS, HIPPA, local, state, and federal, regulations. Bending and lifting to assist clients with ADL’s may also be a regular duty.
A career at TN Voices offers a motivating and team player environment with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 403b plan with match and supplemental benefits options – in addition to thirteen (13) paid holidays and a generous PTO accrual system.
How to Apply
Please email your current resume to Blair Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: May 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 05/17/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week