Rescue 1 Global
Rescue 1 Global
About Rescue 1 Global
Rescue 1 Global is a 21st century abolitionist movement and ministry combating slavery and human trafficking on a global scale by educating and mobilizing communities toward the prevention, rescue, and holistic restoration of the vulnerable and victimized. We provide education, many types of therapy, and safe residential services to trafficking survivors.
Caregiver for R1G Grace Oasis (House Parent(s))
Clinical Operations Director
- Help develop and maintain a therapeutic environment for residents
- Engage and interact with residents to build relationships to provide trust, safety, respect, and honesty.
- Learn and embrace the evidence based TBRI model for connection and consequences.
- Provide predictable daily and weekly routines within the household.
- Help prepare bedrooms, welcome baskets and welcome signs for any new residents.
- Schedule and plan weekly activities in coordination with the Clinical Operations Director.
- Help open the kitchen for all meals, assist with mealtime planning and preparing.
- Assist in grocery shopping weekly for residents, in accordance with
- Help administer meds as needed if licensed, with special care for MAR protocols.
- Lead evening family reflection time before bedtime.
- Assist residents if they awake from night terrors.
- Transport residents to weekly outside activities as needed.
- Chart & record daily activities, happenings, progress or incidents with clients.
- Assist in taking residents to church on Sunday and weekly church related activities.
- Communicate progress for each resident to the case manager for monthly reports.
- Update and maintain resident files as needed.
- Follow guidelines outlined in the R1G Grace Oasis P&P Manual.
- Handle discipline and rewards as needed following protocol.
- Document any incident reports along with the Clinical Operations Director.
- Communicate volunteer needs to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Attend regular staff meetings and any client related meetings.
- Receive 24 hours of continuing education per year as mandated by DHS.
- Submit an expense report no later than the 5th of each month to the Executive Director and Accounting Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of Associate Degree or 2 years of college study.
- Along with at least 2 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Medical license or nursing license preferred, but not necessary (Certified or registered respiratory therapist, radiological technologies, certified physician assistant, registered nurse, LPN, nurse practitioner, or paramedic)
- Preferred 5+ years of experience with at-risk populations and/or previous residential program experience.
- Husband and wife nuclear unit acceptable
- A close, living, active relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ evidenced by the Fruits of the Spirit, as given in Galatians 5:22: “Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control”.
- The ability to prayerfully consider decisions and lean heavily on guidance from the Holy Spirit.
- The ability to tolerate conflict and effectively manage it with clients and co-workers.
- An understanding and commitment to confidentiality.
- Commitment to understanding our population, their trauma, and always keeping a non-judgmental attitude.
- The desire to always do what is best for the clients and the ministry without seeking personal gain.
- Administrative skills (typing, emailing, answering phones, using a printer).
- Leadership skills, with the ability to respect and submit to those in authority over this position.
- Flexibility and adaptability which is vital for the fast-paced, dynamic nature of the ministry.
- The ability to be a good manager of time, resources, and responsibilities, in an environment that will likely require initiative and self-direction.
- Commitment to employee wellness – to asking for help, naming needs, and practicing self-care in order to avoid burnout, secondary trauma, or compromising client care.
Staff member required to live-in during hours but has time off equal to 2.5 days per week, one week off per quarter, and one floating weekend during the quarter outside of the week. This position’s purpose is to provide ongoing therapeutic residential care by creating a trauma-informed family environment which empowers survivors to thrive.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: June 2, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/15/2020
- Salary Range: Dependent upon experience.
- Working Hours: Live-In