Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Residential Assistant, Weekends
Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied, a Christian residential home for women, comprised of four U.S. homes, has an immediate opening for a full-time Human Resources Specialist at our corporate office located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Mercy Multiplied is dedicated to help young women break free from life-controlling behaviors and situations, including eating disorders, self-harm, drug and alcohol addictions, unplanned pregnancy, depression, sexual abuse, and sex trafficking. Our program is voluntary, biblically-based, and free of charge to young women ages 13 to 32. It uses proven methods, lasts approximately six months, and features a multi-dimensional approach to heal body, mind, and spirit.
• Supervises Friday, Saturday and Sunday work details including meals and clean up. This also includes snack time.
• Answers phone calls and takes messages.
• Reports any major problems to Residential Supervisor; she will report to the Program Director. If Residential Assistant is filling in for Residential Supervisor, she will follow Residential Supervisor’s job description.
• Documents contacts/consequences/training opportunities in ETO and/or other information in the weekend report.
• Coordinates residents’ personal phone calls and visits.
• Assorts mail and distributes to residents.
• Disperses medication to the residents as needed.
• Transports the residents to special events on the weekend.
• Transports the residents to church on Sunday morning.
• Checks residents out for the weekend visits, if needed.
• Fills out necessary form for residents leaving for the weekend.
• Gives out training opportunities to residents when guidelines or rules are broken.
• Checks work details including the bathroom details.
• Pulls the phones out for the residents’ incoming calls on Saturday and out going calls on Sunday.
• Gets movies on Friday night/monitors content of movies.
• Monitors the residents’ appearance, conduct and conversations.
• Resolves any conflict between the residents if they can not resolve it themselves.
• Distributes sodas on the weekend as approved by Residential Supervisor.
• Assigns an alternate for any work duties previously assigned to a girl that is out for the weekend.
• On occasion takes residents to the hospital and/or picks up prescriptions from the pharmacy.
• Checks all interior and exterior doors at night and set the alarm after lights out.
• Checks rooms after lights out to make sure the residents are obeying the rules.
• Checks residents’ rooms to make sure all are up and beds are made before breakfast.
• Keeps the Residential Supervisor up to date on any issues in the home. Residential Supervisor will update Program Director.
• Residential Assistant will fill in for Residential Supervisor as needed.
• Must be responsible for safe transportation of residents when needed.
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Reports to: Residential Supervisor – Weekends
Education: Some college preferred. Must have a high school diploma or pass a general educational development test (GED).
Skills: Excellent communication, must work well under pressure, ability to multi-task, must be able to set boundaries. Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via our website, https://mercymultiplied.com/employment-opportunities.
• Cover letter sharing your heart
• Personal testimony (only up to two pages please)
• Salary requirements
• Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please). Mercy Multiplied hires and employs individuals who live a life conducive to Christian principles.
- Date Posted: June 18, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: $15/hour
- Working Hours: 33 Hours/Week Week 1*: Friday 4:00 pm - Saturday 5:00 pm; Sunday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am (overnight shift into Monday, as shown in Week 2) Week 2*: Monday 12:00 am - 8:30 am; Saturday 4:30 pm - Sunday 5:00 pm *Staff is compensated for sleep time.