Rescue 1 Global
Residential Assistant (Live-in)
Rescue 1 Global
About Rescue 1 Global
Rescue 1 Global is a 21st century abolitionist movement and ministry combating slavery and human trafficking on a global scale by educating and mobilizing communities toward the prevention, rescue, and holistic restoration of the vulnerable and victimized. We provide education, many types of therapy, and safe residential services to trafficking survivors.
Residential Caregiver Assistant (Live-in) at Grace Oasis Nashville
Primary Residential Caregiver
4:30pm-10:30pm on wake duty; but responsible for any overnight issues
Staff member required to live-in during hours but has time off equal to 2.5 days per week.
The duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Engage and Interact with Resident build relationships and family environment.
- Maintain a therapeutic environment.
- Help open the kitchen for all meals and assist with mealtime.
- Assist in weekly grocery shopping and meal planning for residents.
- Schedule and plan weekly activities with the program manager.
- Perform room checks and chore checks.
- Help Administer meds as needed.
- Transport residents to weekly outside activities as needed.
- Help prepare bedroom, welcome baskets and welcome sign for any new residents.
- Assist in taking residents to all enrichment activities, including Sunday church.
- Help lead evening family reflection time before bedtime.
- Assist residents if they awake from night terrors.
- Communicate progress for each resident to the case manager for the monthly reports.
- Update and maintain resident files as needed.
- Follow guidelines outlined in the R1G Grace Oasis P&P Manual.
- Handle discipline and rewards as needed following protocol.
- Document any incident reports along with the Residential Program Manager.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Receive 24 hours of continuing education per year as mandated by DHS, including child abuse prevention, trauma- informed care, TBRI, descalation, restorative discipline, etc.
- Submit expense report no later than the 5th of each month to the Primary Caregiver and Accounting Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience – A minimum of Associate Degree or 2 years of college study along with at least 2 years experience. Prefer experience with at-risk or youth and previous residential program experience.
Additional Needs: A close, living, active relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ evidenced by the Fruits of the Spirit, as given in Galatians 5:22: “Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control”.
- The ability to prayerfully consider decisions and lean heavily on guidance from the Holy Spirit.
- The ability to tolerate conflict and effectively manage it with clients and co-workers.
- An understanding and commitment to confidentiality.
- Commitment to understanding our population, their trauma, and always keeping a non-judgmental attitude.
- The desire to always do what is best for the clients and the ministry without seeking personal gain.
- Administrative skills (typing, emailing, answering phones, using a printer).
- Leadership skills, with the ability to respect and submit to those in authority over this position.
- Flexibility and adaptability which is vital for the fast-paced, dynamic nature of the ministry.
- The ability to be a good manager of time, resources, and responsibilities, in an environment that will likely require initiative and self-direction.
- Commitment to employee wellness – to asking for help, naming needs, and practicing self-care in order to avoid burnout, secondary trauma, or compromising client care.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Submit online application here: https://rescue1global.org/apply/
- Date Posted: December 16, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/31/2021
- Salary Range: Dependent upon experience.
- Working Hours: 4:30pm-10:30pm on wake duty; but responsible for any overnight issues