Residential and Day Program Manager
Waves, Inc. is hiring for a Program Manager! We are looking for someone who is focused and driven, and who exudes leadership in an empathetic, team-oriented practice. The ideal candidate would have experience in working in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, have management experience, and be ok with serving in a Direct Support capacity on an on-call and/or as-needed basis.
The pay for this position is $45k – $50k, depending strictly on experience.
Under the general supervision of the Adult Services Director, the person in this position is responsible for the coordination, development, implementation, and documentation of services provided to service recipients served by the Franklin Residential and Day Programs. This may include, but is not limited to monitoring the appropriate and timely medical appointments for service recipients, staff training, participation in day-to-day operations of the homes, arranging staffing schedules, and responsibility for service recipient records. The person in this position is expected to use independent judgment regarding the operations of the residential program involving both staff and service recipients.
1. Attend Circle of Support meetings as requested for service recipients assigned to the Franklin Residential and Day Programs. Monitor and implement services as required for the individuals served. This could include but is not limited to, medical appointments, documentation of services provided, and timely development of individual service plans. Attendance and participation in division meetings and regular communication with the Adult Services Director regarding progress, special needs, or obstacles that may affect quality services to service recipients.
2. Develop person-centered plans for assigned service recipients at least annually. Provide documentation of all services for service recipients assigned to Franklin Residential and Day Programs.
3. Maintain agency records for assigned service recipients assigned to Franklin Residential and Day Programs. This includes, but is not limited to, Individual Support Plans, progress reports, and medical assessments.
4. Coordinate medical appointments for service recipients assigned to Franklin Residential and Day Programs. Do follow-up visits as required. Act as Agency contact between doctors’ offices and the Agency. Provide overview regarding different medical treatments and medications to all doctors providing care to a particular service recipient to ensure best practices for the service recipient.
5. Provide training to House Managers and Day Program staff to meet medical needs for Franklin Residential and Day Programs service recipients.
6. Initiate disciplinary action when necessary in coordination with and under the approval of Human Resources.
7. Be flexible in scheduling work hours each week.
8. Supervise staff Scheduler for Franklin Residential and Day Programs personnel. Ensure staff has proper training to work in particular homes. Assist with scheduling of training and/or provide training as needed. Provide direct support if unable to arrange coverage.
9. Train House Managers and Support Staff in their duties and provide oversite in the general operation of the homes. This includes, but is not limited to, maintenance of household budgets, housekeeping, and services to service recipients.
10. Set and coordinate Franklin Residential and Day Programs and House staff meetings.
11. Conduct Site Visits as required by Adult Services Director.
12. Other duties/responsibilities may be assigned by the Adult Services Director to ensure the smooth operation of the 3 homes in the Franklin Residential and Day Programs and the Agency as a whole.
13. Serve as an “on-call” person on a rotating basis.
14. Participate in the Train-the-Trainer classes and the agency training for new staff when requested.
15. Maintain all required endorsements and certifications.
High School Diploma or GED. Two years of work as a Direct Support Professional with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility. Management experience required. Professional experience in a related field could be substituted for experience in this field. Must be able to obtain a Class D, CPR and First Aid certifications, and Medication Administering Training. Must possess flexibility in work schedule. Must possess and maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Major medical, dental, and vision insurance. Company-paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability. Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with generous company match. Paid Time Off accrued from hire date. Employee Referral Program. Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to Krista Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: May 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $45-$50k
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm. On-Call and as-needed.