Resident Support Specialist
Dismas House is a residential reentry program for men returning to the community from state and private prisons and county jails in Tennessee. Dismas House has 72 beds and can serve over 175 residents a year. The Dismas House program, which is holistic and individualized, helps residents navigate the challenging transition back to the community and overcome the many barriers to reentry. As the premier reentry program provider in Tennessee, it is our vision that residents become self- sufficient, contributing members of the community.
Dismas House is looking for an individual(s) who can provide residential support and promote a therapeutic atmosphere. This person would become a member of the supportive Dismas community by building rapport with program participants in order to promote positive re-entry, as well as assist in the coordination and facilitation of programming, transportation, community dinners, etc.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and must own a car, a safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
To learn more about the impact of Dismas House, please visit www.dismas.org
- Provide a supportive presence during day or evening hours. Treat program participants with dignity and respect while also holding them accountable to the ideals and mission of the Dismas
- Assist in maintaining a sober living
- Ensure resident attendance for programming and community
- Maintain program calendar and assist in schedule and facilitation of program
- Attend volunteer community dinners and support volunteer hosts M-Th as
- Assist in the procurement of
- Transport residents as
- Main point of contact evenings and alternating
- Assist in facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed
- Valid Driver’s License
- Safe Driving Record
- Interest in social justice
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong communication skills
- Skill in conflict resolution
- Prefer experience in addiction support and mental illness but not required
Due to the part time nature of this position, no health benefits are available.
How to Apply
Send resume, letter of interest, and three references to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: December 27, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/16/2023
- Salary Range: 16.50 hr
- Working Hours: 25 hours weekly