Resident Support Specialist
Dismas House recently moved to a new campus, allowing us to serve many more residents than was previously possible. As such, Dismas House is looking for an individual(s) who can provide residential support. This person would become a member of the supportive Dismas community by building rapport with program participants in order to promote positive re-entry, as well as assist in the coordination and facilitation of programming, transportation, community dinners, etc.. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and must own a car, safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a supportive presence during day or evening hours. Treat program participants with dignity and respect while also holding them accountable to the ideals and mission of the Dismas program.
- Assist in maintaining a sober living environment.
- Ensure resident attendance for programming and community dinners.
- Maintain program calendar and assist in schedule and facilitation of program providers.
- Attend volunteer community dinners and support volunteer hosts M-Th as needed.
- Assist in the procurement of groceries.
- Transport residents as scheduled.
- Main point of contact evenings and alternating weekends.
- Assist in facilities maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Safe Driving Record
• Interest in social justice
• Able to work both collaboratively and independently
• Strong communication skills
• Skill in conflict resolution
• Prefer experience in addiction support and mental illness but not required
Schedule flexibility and alternating holidays off.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 26, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 15.00 hr
- Working Hours: 21-30 hours per week