Resident Support Specialist
Dismas House recently moved to a new campus, allowing us to serve many more residents than was previously possible. As such, Dismas House is looking for an male who can provide residential support as live-in staff. This person would become a member of the supportive Dismas community by building rapport with program participants in order to promote positive re-entry, as well as assist in the coordination and facilitation of programming, transportation, community dinners, etc. while residing at the Dismas campus. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and must have a safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a supportive presence during late- and over-night hours. Treat program participants with dignity and respect while also holding them accountable to the ideals and mission of the Dismas program.
- Conduct curfew checks and assist in maintaining a sober living environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
- Ensure resident attendance at daytime and evening programming and community dinners.
- Maintain program calendar and assist in schedule and facilitation of daytime and evening program providers.
- Attend volunteer community dinners and support volunteer hosts M-Th as needed.
- Assist in the procurement of groceries.
- Transport residents as scheduled.
- Main point of contact on nights and alternating weekends.
- Assist in facilities maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed
- Assist in oversite of resident chore duties.
- Applicants must have an interest in criminal justice reform and an understanding of recovery programs.
- Live-in Support Staff members are expected to be “on duty” 21 hours per week.
- Live-In Support Staff members are expected to be “on call” 30 hours per week; sharing duties and hors with another Resident Support Specialist during evening and weekend hours.
- Must have PC and some technology experience.
- Live-In Support Staff members live for free, including food at Dismas House and receive compensation of $15.00 per hour without benefits.
- Utilities are included as well as access to full shared kitchen and bath, and on-site laundry.
- Live-In Support Staff members agree to a six-month period of employment, with the opportunity for extensions.
- Live-In Support Staff receive alternating holidays periods off.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Careers@Dismas.org
- Date Posted: August 16, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/06/2021
- Salary Range: 15.00 hr