Resident Support Specialist
Dismas House is looking for an individual(s) who can provide residential support. This person would become a member of the supportive Dismas community by building rapport with program participants in order to promote positive re-entry, as well as assist in the coordination and facilitation of programming, transportation, community dinners, etc..
- Provide a supportive presence during evening hours. Treat program participants with dignity and respect while also holding them accountable to the ideals and mission of the Dismas program.
- Assist in maintaining a sober living environment.
- Ensure resident attendance for evening programming and community dinners.
- Maintain program calendar and assist in schedule and facilitation of evening program providers.
- Attend volunteer community dinners and support volunteer hosts M-Th as needed.
- Assist in the procurement of groceries.
- Transport residents as scheduled.
- Main point of contact evenings and alternating weekends.
- Assist in facilities maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and must own a car, safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
- Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas House; understanding of prison culture desired.
- Good computer skills.
- Familiarity with recovery, addiction and mental health.
- Support Staff members receive compensation of $15.00 per hour without benefits.
- Support Staff receive alternating holidays periods off.
How to Apply
Send resume, letter of interest, and three references to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: April 9, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/30/2021
- Salary Range: 15.00 hr
- Working Hours: 15-21 hours per week