Resident Support Specialist
Dismas House recently moved to a new campus, allowing us to serve many more residents than was previously possible. As such, Dismas House is looking for an individual(s) who can provide residential support. This person would become a member of the supportive Dismas community by building rapport with program participants in order to promote positive re-entry, as well as assist in the coordination and facilitation of programming, transportation, community dinners, etc.. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and must own a car, safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a supportive presence during evening hours. Treat program participants with dignity and respect while also holding them accountable to the ideals and mission of the Dismas program.
- Assist in maintaining a sober living environment.
- Ensure resident attendance for evening programming and community dinners.
- Maintain program calendar and assist in schedule and facilitation of evening program providers.
- Attend volunteer community dinners and support volunteer hosts M-Th as needed.
- Assist in the procurement of groceries.
- Transport residents as scheduled.
- Main point of contact evenings and alternating weekends.
- Assist in facilities maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
- Support Staff members are expected to be “on duty” 21 hours per week.
- This can include scheduled activities as well as errands with the residents and for the house.
- Support Staff members receive compensation of $15.00 per hour without benefits.
- Support Staff receive alternating holidays periods off.
Part Time Availability
How to Apply
- Date Posted: March 9, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/31/2021
- Salary Range: 15.00 hr
- Working Hours: 21 hrs/wk 30 hours on call alternating weekends