Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Rental Assistance Specialist – Floater
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
SECTION 8 RENTAL ASSISTANCE SPECIALIST – CENTRAL OFFICE/FLOATER
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 20, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Section 8 Rental Assistance
Reports to: Section 8 Rental Assistance Central Intake Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Full-time/Part-time: Full time
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $ 3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Section 8 Rental Assistance (S8RA) Division with case management duties and administrative support for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as primary back-up to S8RA Specialists in field offices during staff absences, handling case management activities related to program applicants and tenants such as determinations of initial eligibility and re-certifications (annual, interim, and relocation), and file preparation and maintenance; moves among offices as needed.
- Tracks nonpayment related complaints handled by Central Office staff and ensures that resolutions are recorded timely and appropriately.
- Handles correspondence and interfaces directly with citizens, clients, vendors and staff regarding complaints, issues and concerns relative to HCV and FSS regulations.
- Maintains client and landlord relations.
- Facilitates Electronic Content Management (ECM) activities; prepares paperwork for scanning into the Electronic Content Management (ECM) data base.
- Maintains complete and accurate tenant files, program files and other records.
- Provides data entry into the appropriate computer systems; troubleshoots errors and makes corrections where appropriate.
- Assists with Resident Advisory Board activities.
- Complies with all program rules and other state and federal regulations.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge and information concerning the program, attending training as necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, public administration or other related field is preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in a federal, state or local housing program, other social service or subsidized housing program, or other organization serving a low-income population is preferred.
- Case management or related experience preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs preferred.
- Ability to read and understand regulations, laws, agreements and organizational materials.
- Ability to handle private, personal information in a confidential manner in compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a, as amended).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Ability to adjust to frequent procedural changes.
- Ability to interact appropriately with low-income individuals.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Day travel and occasional overnight travel is required; frequency of travel will depend on the needs of the division.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee may be required to lift files, boxes of files, and office supplies up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: August 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: 3,365