First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville
Religious Education Administrator
First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville
The First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville (FUUN), a liberal religious community, is seeking a 20-hour-a-week Religious Education Administrator (RE Admin) to support religious education programs for children, youth, and adults, as well as the Director of Lifespan Religious Education and volunteers.
This position will be filled as soon as possible. Applications will be considered as they are received.
This position’s allocated time would be dispensed as follows and as seasonally appropriate:
- Coordinate administrative aspects of OWL (Our Whole Life) and COA (Coming Of Age) programs, including promotion, registration, scheduling, arranging volunteer training, communications with parents/guardians and facilitators, ensuring that requirements related to permissions and parent/guardian orientation attendance are met, supply needs, etc.
- Support Sunday programming in various capacities as and if needed: RE Greeter, Teacher/Teaching Assistant (TA), Youth Advisor, etc.
- Serve on the Youth Adult Committee (YAC) as staff representative at monthly meetings. Serve on the Program Council as YAC representative at monthly meetings, including submitting monthly written report.
- Maintain Safe Congregation documents (applications, codes of ethics, background checks) and master list of vetted adults. Assist DLRE in training volunteers.
- Work with volunteers to maintain the RE Library, supply room, activity packet supply, and other resources as needed.
- Submit monthly board reports on all activities, except YAC (which is reported separately), to DLRE.
- Be(come) familiar with and use church database (Breeze) to enter and maintain member records as they relate to religious education. Learn to “tag” records in various ways such that useful reporting can be obtained.
- Create attendance spreadsheets in Google sheets and track and report the data for all religious education programs.
• Create registration forms for all religious education programs. Update and maintain the data, using the information to provide tools, such as class rosters for Sunday school teachers, models to use in projecting future enrollment, etc.
- Schedule, reserve, and prepare spaces, supplies, and equipment as requested.
• Assist with communication tasks such as the weekly email, bulletin, newsletter, youth Facebook page, website, and other tasks as technologies change.
- Arrange annual Spring Youth trip to The Mountain, including recruiting advisors, arranging transportation, ensuring necessary permissions, etc.
- Attend occasional Children’s Religious Education (CRE), Youth, and Faith Development (FD) meetings/workshops as needed.
• Make copies, scan documents, gather, and prepare materials as needed.
• Meet at least twice a month with Director of Lifespan Religious Education (DLRE).
- Other tasks as assigned.
Working conditions and physical requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee will work in a shared office. The noise level is usually quiet. The employee may also work in the church building during Sunday morning services.
The employee is required to be available to work outside of regular business hours which includes some Sunday mornings and other times. They must notify the office of intended schedule. The employee must be able to work cooperatively with other staff members and with volunteers.
- Will work at least six hours weekdays on site, with specifics to be agreed upon with the Director of Lifespan Religious Education (DLRE). This will include some monthly committee meetings and occasional other meetings or classes, which often take place on weekday evenings.
- Will work two to four hours on Sunday mornings, at least two Sundays per month, with specifics to be agreed upon with the Director of Lifespan Religious Education (DLRE).
- May work other hours remotely, with specifics to be agreed upon with the Director of Lifespan Religious Education (DLRE).
- Will report details of tasks and locations each pay period.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- MS-Office adept, especially Word and Excel
- Familiar and comfortable with social media
- General database experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with audio visual equipment
- Experience working with volunteers
- Good time management skills, including organization and attention to detail
- Can exercise sensitivity and care, while observing good boundaries, when working with congregants
- Aligned with Unitarian Universalist values
Salary is $16-$19/hour, based upon experience and UUA compensation guidelines.
- Long Term Disability & Life Insurance paid at 100% by employer.
- Health Insurance plans with premiums paid at 40% by employer with HSA option that includes employer contributions.
- Retirement plan eligible to make employee contributions from date of hire, employer contributing 10% of salary after one year of employment.
- Generous PTO.
- Professional expense, with the amount depending on budgetary considerations.
How to Apply
Our belief in the inherent dignity and worth of every person motivates everything we do at FUUN. We strive to maintain a workplace where all employees are respected and included, where individual experiences are honored, and where both glowing and challenging feedback is appreciated.
FUUN is highly committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. People with disabilities, people of color, and people from minority communities are encouraged to apply.
To apply please email a letter of interest, resume, and any supporting materials to Hiring@thefuun.org. Position to be filled as soon as possible.
- Date Posted: September 24, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 16-19/hour