Actively provide awake supervision of residents residing in our two week emergency shelter. The shelter operates 24/7, 365 days a year, and provides short term residence and case management to youth between the ages of 13-17. Shifts are on an as needed basis and there is no requirement or guarantee per month
- Provide awake supervision of the residents, when necessary.
- Facilitate problem-solving sessions to resolve conflicts involving residents.
- Coordinate and supervise activities when appropriate or assigned.
- Provide individual life skills instruction, as assigned.
- Transport residents as needed.
- Take referrals and provide referral assistance, as outlined by supervisor.
- Minimum one years’ relevant experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth –including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Corey Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top candidates will be contacted for interviews, please no phone calls.
This position is currently working in our emergency shetler, following all Covid-19, CDC guidelines.
- Date Posted: November 24, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 15.00