POSITION SUMMARY The RN supervises the detoxification unit and the triage/maintenance of residential rehabilitation patients, ensuring the quality and safety of patient care for assigned shift. This position reports directly to the Director of Nursing and serves as a liaison with physician staff as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assesses plans, implements/supervises and evaluates the care of detoxification patients based on initial chemical dependency and nursing assessments, as well as pertinent clinical findings.
- Reviews the admission chemical dependency assessments and completes nursing assessments and care plans on admissions, investigating any indicated medical/psychiatric problems noted with the established time frames.
- Interprets, transcribes, implements or supervises implementation of physician’s orders according to established policies and procedures.
- Triages all rehabilitation patients, treating and referring according to physician’s orders and established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the work of LPNs and medical and clinical assistants as assigned.
- Maintains clear, accurate and timely documentation.
- Performs CPR and First Aid as needed, as well as automatic external defibrillation according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to medical emergencies on campus, directing interventions until senior nursing management, physicians, or paramedics arrive.
- Documents pertinent clinical information into the electronic patient record.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Charge Nurse supervises other RN and LPN staff members and medical assistants on assigned shift, consulting with the Nursing Coordinator and/or Director of Nursing as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Graduate of accredited school of nursing is required; current Tennessee RN license in good standing is required; a minimum of three (3) years nursing experience, with one (1) year medical/surgical nursing required and one (1) year behavioral/healthcare nursing experience preferred; psychiatric/chemical dependency nursing certification preferred; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds; ability to speak, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, reach and handle; ability to speak, read and write in English; excellent problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; good dexterity; ability to use detailed observational/assessment skills to detect instability in patients; excellent crisis management skills; ability to deal in non-adversarial, empathetic manner with stressed and/or hostile clients; basic computer skills; ability to use BAL machine; Handle With Care, First Aid/ CPR and automatic external defibrillation certification or eligible; good venipuncture skills; knowledge of and ability to apply information regarding cultural/age/population specific characteristics to patient care in assigned areas. If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
Position is in a rehabilitation setting that involves associated risks or discomforts requiring safety precautions. Position is subject to stressful situations and exposure to chemically impaired and/or volatile persons requiring additional safety precautions. Position is subject to varying shifts, including weekends and/or nights, and cannot leave shift until adequate coverage is provided.
Sign on Bonus.
Full-time Employees receive Benefits
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply: Cumberlandheights.org
- Date Posted: January 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)