United Way of Rutherford & Cannon Counties
United Way of Rutherford & Cannon Counties
The Regional Director supports the mission, goals, values, and philosophy of the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties by exhibiting the following: commitment to excellence, efficiency and effectiveness, flexibility, diplomacy, and accountability. The individual’s performance includes a superior demonstration of the following professional attributes: ethical leadership, effective communication, teamwork, and job knowledge. The Regional Director works with a collaborative team to develop and implement goals and strategies that support the mission and vision of the United Way.
• Play a role in the development and execution of short and long-range goals and strategies for United Way
• Promote the mission and vision of the United Way
• Serve as primary staff liaison to the Bedford County Advisory Council
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships that support United Way’s impact on the community
• Actively fundraise in assigned territories to advance United Way’s mission, including workplace giving campaigns, sponsorships, individual giving, etc., meeting/exceeding annual fundraising goals, involving the Resource Development staff as necessary
• Lead events and initiatives such as Stuff the Bus, donor appreciation events, and fundraising events, involving the Resource Development staff as necessary
• Serve as a primary relationship manager of grant recipients in assigned territory, involving the Director of Grants and Advocacy as necessary
• Attend community events and participate in community initiatives that align with United Way’s mission
• Collaborate with other departments to meet organizational/departmental goals
• Primary duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive, and employees will be asked to fulfill other duties as required Division of time among territories: 80%
Bedford County, 20% Lincoln and Cannon Counties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. Frequent off-site meetings and events are also a component of this position. This position does require work on some evenings and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in education, business, public administration, social work, communications, or a related field
• Minimum of five years of experience in a related field
• strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals
• highly developed organizational and planning skills
• highly developed oral and written communication skills
• creative and detail-oriented
• organizational leadership, project management, and volunteer management experience
• ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Cell Phone Reimbursement:
- $50.00 per month maximum
- Mileage Reimbursement:
- $0.625 per mile (when conducting United Way business; rate is based on current IRS posted rate each year)
- Twelve (12) paid days of vacation per year, with an additional one (1) day of vacation provided for each year of service up to twenty (20) days.
- Up to three (3) additional paid days off per year contingent upon personal gift to United Way (1% of salary = 1 day, 1.5% of salary = 2 days, 2% of salary = 3 days).
- The following paid holidays:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- December 24 – January 1
- One (1) paid sick day per month.
- Simple IRA retirement plan (available after one year of employment). UWRCC will match dollar for dollar up to 3% of the employee’s contribution.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability (employee pays $2.00 per pay period for insurance coverage). UWRCC will also contribute $70.00 per pay period to the employee’s Health Savings Account. Enrollment begins on the first day of employment. Dependents may be enrolled in the employer’s plan, and the employee assumes the full cost of premiums for dependents.
How to Apply
1) Cover Letter
3) References (minimum of three)
Consideration will only be given to applications submitted as outlined above. Applications submitted with multiple attachments or not including all three items listed above will not be considered.
- Date Posted: September 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development