Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc.
Refugee Youth and Elders Supervisor
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc.
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Refugee Youth & Elders Services Supervisor in the Refugee & Immigration Services Department. This position is full-time based in Nashville and is located in the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Primary function of this position is to provide management and oversight of all services for refugee youth and elders; supervise Program Coordinators and Specialists; and ensure compliance with all program guidelines and reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Regularly assess the needs of refugee youth and older adults, as well as gaps in services
- Design comprehensive programming to meet these needs and fill these gaps
- Maintain and expand service offerings by writing grants and securing funding from a variety of federal, state and local sources
- Develop strategic measurable outcomes, establishes measurement tools, and creates and directs evaluation processes for all programs
- Provides supervision for a team of program specialists and coordinators
- Develop and maintain community partnerships and collaboration.
- Ensure compliance with reporting and other grant requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Coordinator or Director.
- Hire, train and provide oversight to Program Coordinators and Specialists
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree in social work, education, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Prefer candidates with prior experience working with refugees and/or youth.
- Prefer candidates with prior experience in a supervisory position and/or program development.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge/experience with Metro Nashville Public Schools System
- Knowledge of trauma-informed principles
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects and work with typical office equipment, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate noise levels in the work environment. The Catholic Pastoral Center is a smoke free facility.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Kellye Branson, Director of Refugee Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: February 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk