Catholic Charities of TN
Refugee Case Management Coordinator
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Case Management Coordinator in the Refugee and Immigration Services department. This position is permanent fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
Primary function of this position is to ensure comprehensive case management service delivery to all eligible refugees and other eligible foreign-born clients. Activities include direct supervision of Case Managers through individual and team meetings, evaluations and review of timesheets; coordinating preparation services for new arrivals including housing set-up; serve as liaison with numerous community agencies and medical providers; oversee referrals for services and troubleshoot client concerns and problems; and ensure compliance with all program guidelines and reporting requirements including case file documentation.
- College degree in Social Work or other Human Service field required; MSSW preferred
- Prefer candidates with prior experience working with refugees or across cultures
- Prior experience in a supervisory position
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Bilingual fluency in any refugee language is preferred.
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, curtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to go up and down steps, load and unload car seats, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to transport.
- Basic computer proficiency.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Human Resources Manager, Nichole Dingman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: May 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/01/2021
- Salary Range: 39,000-45,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk