Catholic Charities of TN
Refugee Case Assistant
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Case Assistant for the Refugee and Immigration Services department. This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
Primary function of this position is to provide assistance in carrying out direct services to refugees, asylees, Cuban/Haitian entrants, and foreign-born victims of human trafficking. This work involves providing transportation to appointments and interviews; setting up housing; informing Case Managers and/or Employment Specialists of observed and reported client concerns; and maintaining accurate client records and documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent (or four years of relevant experience)
- Experience working with refugees preferred
- Experience working across cultures
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Bilingual in common refugee language preferred
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Effective interpersonal skills including emotional intelligence, reliability, positivity, negotiation, empathy, and openness to feedback
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
- Ability to go up and down steps, load and unload car seats, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to transport
- Basic computer proficiency
Competitve Salary and full benefits.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: September 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 15.75/hr
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk