Refugee Benefits Eligibility Specialist
Primary function of this position is providing administrative support within the TOR department and to subgrantees to facilitate refugees’ access to benefits and services. Refugee Benefits Eligibility Specialist responds to inquiries from subgrantees regarding client eligibility, reviews and verifies submitted data, prepares authorization for program payrolls, compiles and creates reports for TOR, subgrantees, and stakeholders, and ensures compliance with all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). Refugee Benefits Eligibility Specialist will promote coordination and planning among refugee service providers and assist in the creation of data collection and reporting systems.
Other Skills or Requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and internet search engines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team and independently with minimal direction
- Adherence to established policies and procedures and ability to interpret them for others
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or at least four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with public health benefits.
Health, Dental, Vision, Cancer, Life and Disability insurance offer as well as two weeks paid vacation your first year of employment and one day per month of personal leave.
How to Apply
Please email resume with cover letter and salary history to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: February 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/15/2021
- Salary Range: $35,000
- Working Hours: 37-1/2 hrs/wk; 8:00am - 4:30pm