The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Works directly with the Director of Business Development in establishing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with community partners. Responsible for referent-based admission goals.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Responsible for the business development strategy and execution to ensure the following:
- Referral Development ~ develop, nurture, grow and retain referral sources in the Nashville and surrounding areas for The Next Door’s treatment services.
- Account Management ~ manage and collaborate with TND staff to resolve referral source concerns or issues during the referral, admissions and treatment process.
- Develop tracking and reporting for referral sources and actual admissions into any level of care within TND services in order to measure outcomes of business strategy and trends in services. Incoming and outgoing referrals will be monitored in CRM so that metrics can be reviewed with the Director of Business Development.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts and be the primary point of contact for delegated accounts. Assist in prospecting of new accounts (identifying opportunities to develop new business growth).
- Establish and maintain a sense of urgency; able to negotiate and remove barriers for team members and patients seeking treatment.
- Ensure timely and successful follow-up:
- 1-hour response time to referent for new referrals during business hours.
- Communicate within same business day once an account’s admission arrives at our facility to let them know of the successful transfer or follow-up if a lead does not convert to an admission.
- Call or meet in person with delegated accounts once a month to receive feedback on processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Consistent follow-up with delegated accounts to learn when the account has key hires and departures and to follow up with any new employees with that referral account.
- Contact and log any new referents in the CRM so that in-person follow up can be done by Director of Business Development.
- Work directly with Director of Business Development to develop and execute strategic plans that meet organizational census goals.
- Assist in prospecting for development of new business accounts.
- Participate in a weekly onsite meeting with Director of Business Development to review strategy and goals.
- Track all commercial payor source leads and outcomes.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and internal teams on day-to-day relations.
- Bring customer complaints to Director of Business Development for resolution.
- Act as an advocate to remove all barriers to admission by escalating denials or financial issues to leadership team.
- Give presentations / share the mission and vision of The Next Door to referral sources (physicians, practitioners, hospital, EAPs, advocacy groups, etc.), industry professionals (social service agencies, mental health centers etc.) and prospective clients and represent at vendor/marketing opportunities in the community when assigned by Director of Business Development.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Business Development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral health field or related psychology field, marketing, business administration or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in addictions, dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorders for adults required.
- Experience in account development, admissions or call center preferred.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to bring insights to customers.
- Must have aptitude for account management and understand the complexities of the referral and admission process.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of substance abuse, addictions, recovery and co-occurring disorders among adult women.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to professionally and effectively interact with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Ability to be energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; one who can positively and productively impact strategic development initiatives.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
The Next Door offers employer-paid health insurance for employees, PTO, Teledoc, Employee Assistance Program, long-term disability, and a 401K plan.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org and click on “About Us” then click “Careers”.
- Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)