Referral Account Specialist
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with community partners and healthcare payers. Responsible for referent based admission goals.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Responsible for being the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers
- Help customers through email, phone, and in person meetings
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts
- Ensure timely and successful follow up
- 1-hour response time to referent for new referrals during business hours
- Call within same business day once an account’s admission arrives at our facility to let them know of the successful transfer
- Call each account at least once a month to have a live conversation about how things are going
- 2 onsite meetings per year as possible with Business Development
- Communicate clearly the progress of any internal program changes, new addition of programs, criteria for admissions, etc. as we roll them out
- Track key account metrics (ie. When referrals are low, complaints of our facility)
- Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for working with the Sales team to onboard and integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships
- Liaise between the customer and internal teams on day-to-day relations
- Develop customer specific needs and develop internal plan to meet those (does the account want to be contact via phone/email, do they want weekly updates, do they want their clients to go to a specific outpatient, etc)
- Bring customer complaints to Business Development and leadership to get a speedy resolution
- Act as an advocate to remove all barriers to admission by escalating denials or financial issues to senior leadership team
- Understand what would make us “easy to buy” from the customer perspective. What can we take off their plates?
- Learn when the account has key hires and departures and reach out to onboard new employees with The Next Door
- Responsible for being back up in admissions for internet-based calls or pre-certifications when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Nursing (RN, LPN) or related field required
- Current license, actively pursuing license or license-eligible in mental health or social work is preferred.
- Experience in utilization review required.
- Experience in Behavioral Health Care and knowledge of the ASAM criteria preferred.
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Disorders preferred.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s license
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based services for women and their families impacted by addiction, mental illness, trauma and/or incarceration.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage core values of The Next Door, Inc. at all times.
Health insurance, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Teledoc, and employee discounts.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.thenextdoor.org and click on About Us and Careers.
- Date Posted: February 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)