Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarksville
Recruitment and Marketing Specialist
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarksville
Under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager, the position is primarily responsible for outreach and recruitment of volunteers, children and parents into the BBBS mentoring program in Clarksville. The position will work with Executive Director to manage promotional materials for recruitment, education and fundraising efforts.
- Foster and build relationships with local churches, businesses and corporate partners to conduct volunteer info sessions with the goal of increased volunteer enrollment
- Identify and coordinate opportunities to engage with families to encourage enrollment
- Assist in design of marketing materials including flyers, signs, event invitations, social media digital assets, fact sheets, infographics, annual reports, and other materials as directed
- Update content on agency website
- Create and post content for social media platforms, while monitoring all social media outlets for interactions, notifications, inquiries, etc.
- Participates in promotion of the corporate partnership program, volunteer recruitment program, signature fundraising events, donor stewardship and recruitment events, and donor acknowledgement initiatives
- Conducts outreach to families and volunteers to promote program and encourage enrollment
- Communicate with all stakeholders in a manner that is productive, respectful, and sensitive to diversity
- Create and organize impact story bank for use in marketing and outreach efforts
- Help manage event registrations and coordinate appropriate stewardship to all community partners and/or corporate funders after fundraising and outreach events
- Organize and facilitate family engagement activities
- Provide follow up to family engagement activities including surveys and further information
- Provide on-going support through in-person, email or telephone contact with all partners
- Provide accurate and timely documentation
- Assists with the distribution of agency information/materials at community outreach events as needed
- Assists with administrative duties as needed including answering phones, sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Must have willingness to facilitate trainings and presenting to groups of people.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of photography and video production a plus
- Skilled in working with deadlines
- Organized and able to work on multiple projects
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficient computer skills (keyboarding, MS Office Suite)
- Demonstrated Integrity
- Cultural competency and ability to work sensitively with confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently, to exercise good judgment, make sound decisions & problem solve.
- Collaborative workstyle with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong commitment to quality and results
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, state-required auto insurance minimums and willingness to travel as necessitated by job responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (some evenings and/or weekends)
- Passion for mission and desire to learn and grow professionally required.
Flexible workplace both in hours and location
14 paid agency holidays
12 vacation days accrued throughout the year
12 sick days
Monthly Health Stipend
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and 3-5 design samples to Chris Buerck at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Open Recruitment and Marketing Position” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: September 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/01/2022
- Salary Range: 14-16/hr
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; Flexible