Legal Aid Society
Recruiter/Human Resources Coordinator
Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society has an opening for a Recruiter/HR Coordinator in its Nashville office.
The Recruiter/Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of recruiting and on-boarding of new staff. This position reports to and also provides clerical and administrative support for the Human Resources Manager, including document tracking, payroll processing, compliance and reporting.
This position is funded in part by, and in collaboration with, one or more grants. Personnel must adhere to goals and outcomes detailed in the grant contract. This position is funded for the duration of the grant(s) and subsequent renewal may result in modification of job duties and responsibilities.
- Manage processes associated with staff recruitment with a focus on building a qualified, diverse talent pool.
- Facilitate hiring process to ensure a clear understanding of organization’s needs and timely selection process.
- Complete pre-employment screening, including reference verifications and background checks, as requested by hiring committee and Director of Human Resources.
- Coordinate communication with applicants and candidates including scheduling interviews.
- Provide initial orientation and onboarding procedures for new employees.
- Contact new hires throughout first 90 days to ensure needs are being met and facilitate the meeting of those needs.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Director of Human Resources.
- Coordinate and maintain materials related to the life cycle of employee positions.
- Maintain employee records, personnel files, and payroll files.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.).
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.), as requested.
- Track and report volunteer involvement.
- Track and report performance evaluations.
- Update accrued leave time for each staff member.
- Conduct periodic audits of I-9 forms.
- Assist and serve as backup in payroll preparation.
- Conduct TN State New Hire reporting.
- Participate in All Staff meetings, Directors meetings and managing attorneys’ meetings as requested.
- Participates on internal committees, work groups, and other efforts to promote and improve LAS’s operations.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with office staff.
- Compliance with program policies and regulations of the Legal Services Corporation and other funders.
- Compliance with all applicable organizational, professional, and legal requirements for confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director or supervisor.
- Associates degree or 2 years recruiting or human resource experience.
- Experience in office setting, tracking documents, and hiring.
- Able to keep confidences and confidential information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, and PDF software.
How to Apply
Legal Aid Society has forty-five attorneys in eight offices in Middle and East Tennessee. Its attorneys provide low-income people expert legal assistance at all levels of state and federal court. Its staff includes national authorities in the fields of domestic violence, housing, consumer law, federal income taxation, health advocacy, nonprofit group representation, social security and special education. For more information about LAS, visit www.las.org.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses). Send by email (in Word or PDF format) to: HR@las.org.
Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Date Posted: October 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $37,988 - $42,749