Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Recreational Therapy Supervisor
Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
We’re based in Murfreesboro, TN; Christ-focused; and ready to serve each family that comes through our doors. We’re professionals who are trained and licensed; but first, we’re Christ-followers with a God-sized mission that is only met through Him. Special Kids offers professional services to children ages birth through 21 years. Our treatment range encompasses children who need a little extra help, to children who are medically fragile, and to all sorts of diagnoses in between. Nurses at Special Kids have opportunities for team collaboration as well as collaboration with other disciplines, including occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreational therapy, and nursing. A minimum of 3 years of CTRS experience and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is preferred.
Supervises Rec Therapy team in planning, organizing, and directing medically-approved recreation program for children in the Skilled Nursing and Equip programs by performing the following duties.
Directly supervises 5 to 8 employees in the Rec Therapy and Equip Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises Recreational Therapy and Equip departments.
- Functions as a part of the Recreational therapy team as assigned.
- Reviews and signs off on all Recreational Therapy notes.
- Provides guidance and support to Recreational therapy team when creating and implementing individual goals and CERT/GRST assessments.
- Oversees restructuring of Recreational therapy groups and communicates changes to parents according to GRST scoring.
- Coordinates patient assignments for Recreational therapy department.
- Conducts intake assessments for new Skilled Nursing children.
- Develops and maintains a constructive and ongoing rapport with children and parents.
- Oversees application, screening, and admission process for Equip process.
- Works with grant writers to develop and implement grants for the Recreational therapy and Equip departments.
- Plans and implements all therapeutic outings, special guest/volunteer visits, and special events at the Nursing Center.
- Writes and directs productions for Skilled Nursing and Equip children to perform.
- Plans and implements group afternoon prayer and Bible Study.
- Plans and facilitates meetings monthly for both Recreational therapy and Equip departments.
- Creates work schedules and assignments for the Recreational therapy and Equip departments based on facility needs.
- Evaluates policies and procedures of Recreational therapy and Equip departments for effectiveness and implements changes needed in order to provide optimal care.
- Submits appropriate paperwork and purchase orders for department need/supplies.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Therapeutic Recreation or other related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) certification required, CPR certification required.
Benefits, paid time off and holidays.
How to Apply
To learn more and apply, please visit: Special Kids, Inc. – Rec Therapy Supervisor (paylocity.com).
- Date Posted: June 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth