Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Recreational Therapist (CTRS)
Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
SPECIAL KIDS IS A CHRISTIAN THERAPY AND NURSING CENTER FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
We’re based in Murfreesboro, TN; Christ-focused; and ready to serve each family that comes through our doors. We’re professionals who are trained and licensed; but first, we’re Christ-followers with a God-sized mission that is only met through Him. Special Kids offers professional services to children ages birth through 21 years. Our treatment range encompasses children who need a little extra help, to children who are medically fragile, and to all sorts of diagnoses in between. Certified Recreational Therapists at Special Kids have opportunities for team collaboration as well as collaboration with other disciplines, including occupational therapy, physical therapy, and nursing.
Full time 40 hours per week, paid time off, benefits, and paid holidays.
Assists with planning, organizing, and directing medically-approved recreation program for children in the Skilled Nursing and TEAMM programs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assesses children’s needs through observations, medical records, GRST assessment, and talking with other healthcare professionals, and the children’s family.
- Plans and implements therapeutic recreational activities for an assigned caseload of patients that meet their needs and interests.
- Records, tracks, and analyzes child’s progress through documentation daily in electronic medical records and CERT and GRST assessments.
- Evaluates interventions for effectiveness and make adjustments as needed.
- Develops and maintains a constructive and ongoing rapport with children and parents.
- Assists (and plans as assigned) therapeutic outings, special guest/volunteer visits, and special events at the Nursing Center.
- Assists nurses and Recreational therapy techs with transfers and ambulation of children.
- Reports all changes or observations of children’s condition to nurse.
- Assists in productions for Nursing Center children to perform (may assist in planning if needed).
- Assists with personal care needs including assistance with diaper changes/toileting along with providing hygiene or grooming assistance to patients.
- Implements behavior modification program.
- Don/Doff all assistive equipment and devices.
- Assists children during meal and nap times.
- Leads group Bible study and/or prayer as assigned.
- Collaborates with other Recreational therapists to ensure the department is fostering therapeutic and educational environment that is consistent, and to implement grant requirements.
- Collaborates and consults with Therapy center therapists and nurses to determine a holistic treatment plan and recommend or make changes based on individual observations and evaluations.
- Collaborates with Equip teachers in order to develop educational plans for Skilled Nursing children within Equip classrooms.
- Maintains a clean and tidy room, cleans and sanitizes equipment and toys consistent with health and safety standards.
- Meets monthly with Lead Recreational Therapist.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Therapeutic Recreation or other related field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software and web-based applications such as electronic medical records.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS) certification required and CPR certification required.
- Servant’s heart.
- Passion to serve the children and families.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Team minded and focused.
- Joyful in spirit.
- Respectful of authority.
- Solves problems creatively.
Paid time off, benefits, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
To learn more and apply, please visit:Special Kids, Inc. – Recreational Therapist (CTRS) (paylocity.com)
- Date Posted: June 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 40 hr/wk