Recovery Support Coordinator II
This position is an advanced practitioner of recovery support services in a Permanent Supportive Housing program model, offering both Housing First and Sober Living options. The PSH Coordinator will serve Park Center members as a member of a recovery-oriented, housing-focused intensive case management (ICM) team.
Member Support Duties:
- Engage residents in vivo utilizing a trauma lens and cultural humility to quickly establish trust and build rapport.
- Provide recovery-oriented tenancy support by taking a strengths-based, person-centered approach.
- Partner with PSH members to help them achieve goals that are personally meaningful to them, extending beyond those areas traditionally addressed by clinical care.
- Support PSH members in recovery by offering experience with whole health recovery that includes addressing wellness of both mind and body.
- Coach PSH members on independent living skills, connect with community resources and develop systems to support sustainability.
- Encourage PSH members to engage with their community through employment, volunteering, and/or recreational/social activities.
- Assist PSH members with developing interpersonal skills to connect with their housemates and neighbors, and to expand their natural support system.
- Create, maintain, and review documentation for agency and funding requirements within all designated deadlines.
- Communicate with internal and external partners utilizing telephone, email, and chat.
- Communicate regularly with the Permanent Supportive Housing team to meet the needs of residents.
- Develop effective working relationships with human services organizations.
Value cultural competence and diversity
- Collaborate with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Take deliberate steps to increase your own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
Other duties as a member of the Permanent Supportive Housing team:
- Attend all staff and supervision meetings.
- Assist with program events and outings.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Maintain schedule flexibility in the event of after-hours responsibilities.
- Maintain good attendance and inform supervisor in advance of time off.
- Complete Relias Learning courses by the deadline.
- Follow all Personnel Policies and uphold Park Center’s Code of Ethics.
- Perform all other duties assigned
- Modified remote work available for this position, shared workstation in the office.
- Able to operate with many distractions.
- Routine office environment.
- Able/willing to use a vehicle to transport members.
- Able/willing to operate a large van/bus to transport clients.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to move or lift over ten pounds.
- Must have at least 3 years experience working in a human services field.
- Able to demonstrate strong recovery support competencies and ethical behaviors.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field required, Social Work preferred (BSW).
- Master’s degree in a human services field preferred, Social Work preferred (MSW).
- Must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance
How to Apply
Please apply on our company site: https://parkcenternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: November 4, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: 37.5/week, M-F