Fannie Battle Day Home
Receptionist & Office Coordinator
Fannie Battle Day Home
The Receptionist and Office Coordinator serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies agency staff of visitor arrival; maintains security and phone system. Provides support to the organization’s business functions, as well as the development department’s functions.
Program & Reception Duties Include:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories, giving instructions
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbooks; issuing visitor badges
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for compiling, creating, and sending family e-newsletter and other mass family communications
- Manage Emergency Procedures sign off sheet and employee timesheet review/sign in.
- Manage donation drop-offs, donation display area, as well as provide donors with in-kind donation reports as requested
- Monitor/manage general info email address as well as general Fannie Battle voicemail box
- Monitor drop off and/or pick up to ensure tracking of attendance is accurate, call and check classroom numbers
- Building office & janitorial ordering through organizational supply vendor
- Change out toner on copy machines, as well as maintaining postage on meter, replacing ink, etc.
- Covering teacher rest-time breaks/classroom support when ratios dictate
Business Duties Include:
- Supports office duties with various filing, typing and other similar tasks
- Prepare accounts payable for approval and processing
- Bi-monthly distribution/mailing of checks for accounts payable
General Duties Include:
- Assist in coordinate of events (family, fundraising, trainings, or board meetings)
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy in all matters regarding the staff, families, children, organization, board, and business
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Development Duties Include:
- Process donor gift acknowledgements and other various development mailings as needed
- Raiser’s Edge data entry and reporting
- Social media support for scheduled, on-going social media strategies
- Assist with cultivating new donor relationships
- Recurring volunteer coordination and support, as well as create and distribute electronic volunteer communications
Applicants must have a high school diploma, be at least 18 years of age, and pass a mandatory background check. Administrative or reception experience preferred. Database experience required. Experience in early childhood education preferred but not required. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have experience with Microsoft Office. Demonstrated success as a collaborative team member who contributes to the organization’s strategic direction. Ability to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
We offer a benefit stipened, generous PTO, and a discount on childcare tuition for employees with children needing care.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Stacie Spasoff, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: August 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/07/2020
- Salary Range: 12.50-14.50
- Working Hours: 6:30a - 3:30p