Hope Clinic for Women
Hope Clinic for Women
Position Title: Clinic Receptionist and Client Program Assistant
Position Type: Regular/Full-time; schedule: 8:30-5, Monday- Thursday
Friday 8:30-2:30 pm
All changes due to vacation/illness/offsite events/etc. should be approved by the Business
Manager and noted on the HCFW Group Calendar
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Hope Clinic for Women is a faith-based, safe and confidential place for anyone dealing with life choices regarding past, present and future pregnancies. We provide medical care, professional counseling, education, case management, mentoring and practical support for anyone regardless of age, race or religion.
Hope Clinic for Women is a Christ centered ministry existing to honor the sanctity of all human life as exemplified by:
- Teenagers and single adults choosing abstinence until marriage;
- Women and men choosing life for their child in the midst of a pregnancy;
- People experiencing God’s grace and forgiveness after an abortion;
- The transformation of hearts and lives by discovering the purpose/potential God intended for all His children.
Duties Before Clinic Opens to Clients (8:30-9:00 am)
- Be prompt and ready to begin at 8:30 am
- Unlock doors/cabinets, turn on lights/radio/TV, place baskets for daily files
- Check communal areas (pillows, magazines and kid’s area) in morning (and throughout the day)
Duties throughout the Day
- Ensure all common areas are wiped down after clients exit following CDC guidelines
- Special triage and documentation of all incoming clients per CDC guidelines (staff are properly gloved and masked as needed).
- After proper screening, greet all guests including clients, donors and businesses
- Ensure clients fill out appropriate paperwork
- Notify staff when visitors/clients arrive
- Ensure donors are seen by the Advancement staff
- Receive in-kind clothing room donations and file donation forms completed by donors
- Manage client sign-in for BRIDGE classes and support groups
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls (only taking crisis pregnancy calls when no other pregnancy staff/interns available; this phone call can last 10-15 minutes)
- Monitor Facebook messages as well as text messages
- Schedule client visits for all program areas (assisting with program staff and interns)
- Communicate with Human Coalition with any schedule changes or to schedule clients
- Handle crisis pregnancy walk ins but immediately seeking assistance if you are busy. This requires time, dialogue and compassion to safely bring the client in until you can get support.
- Maintain waiting list in EHR system for clients who are unable to schedule at preferred time
- Accurately secure fees from paying clients (medical and counseling)- including processing credit cards payments
- If donors coming with in kind clothing room donations, make sure the paperwork filled out correctly and signed; copy to donor.
- Ensure clients completed satisfaction survey before leaving
- Ensure clients have booked their next appointment (if applicable)
- Donor and non related visitors/calls: ensure they go to the right staff person for care.
Duties While off the front desk (11:15-12:00 pm; finishing by end of day)
- Distribute all incoming mail
- Make new client files, ensure existing files organized and client records filed appropriately
- Order and update Client Visit form (white/yellow half sheets) when necessary
- Notify Business Manager of office supply needs
- Tracks references like 211
- Work with the Business Manager to schedule coverage during absences
- Bring donated/maternity items down to donation room
- Complete the Pregnancy Call section of the Client Committee Report (monthly)
- Other projects as needed
Duties after clients exit and before clinic closes (4:30 – 5:00 pm or 2:00-2:30 pm Fridays)
- Key in written survey results
- Key in pregnancy call logs into spreadsheet
- Water plants and refill supplies in common areas
- Daily audit of fees collected match daily to the booked ‘fee based’ appointments
- Assist with final cleaning up of the building, closing, locking and securing of building
- Balance money with Business Manager (weekly)
- All staff working 10+ hours a week are expected to attend all staff check ins Tuesday/Thursday mornings at 8:30 am and monthly staff meetings at 8:30 am on Wednesdays.
- Weekly check in with Program Services Staff (Wednesdays at 4-5pm)
- Weekly check in with Supervisor
- Quarterly Staff retreats (usually on a Friday, 8:30-2:30);
- All full time staff are required to work a 4-6-hour shift for key agency-wide fundraising events. This will either be a mix of set-up/during or clean up. Events include: Annual Gala and Cider Carols.
- 4-year degree or comparable work experience
- Front-desk or other experience in a medical/clinical setting
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint
- Experience with EHR software
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Patient, empathetic, quality-focused approach to customer service
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Health, dental and vision beneifts available after 60 days. 401k benefits available after 90 days. PTO also available.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Sara Ellis at email@example.com and fill out our online applicaiton here.
No calls or drop-ins, please.
- Date Posted: March 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: M-R 8:30am-5pm; Fridays 8:30am-2:30pm