Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Junior Achievement reaches students across the Middle TN area with relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, own their own business, and develop readiness for careers or college.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
Junior Achievement (JA) of Middle TN is currently seeking a customer and detail-orientated individual for the position of Receptionist. This position is involved with all departments of the organization, providing key support for the mission of JA, to empower young people to own their economic success. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, a strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs, and experience in running the front desk of an organization. This is a 25-hour/week position and will provide administrative support for the JA President.
- Office support – including answering & directing calls, greeting visitors, sorting mail, assisting with the checking in of volunteers for programs.
- JA BizTown & JA Finance Park support – check in volunteers and direct them to the appropriate location. Field questions from volunteers, teachers, and other visitors, enlisting other staff help where needed.
- Support of JA President – including calendar scheduling & management, preparation for meetings, and other support.
- Backup support for Operations Department
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related duties required by their team lead. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship
- Associate’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be detail-orientated, organized, and enthusiastic,
- Must have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Must be flexible, able to manage multiple projects at once, and function effectively under pressure,
- Must have a professional attitude and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment,
- Must have excellent computer literacy (including Microsoft Office),
- 2 years experience with administrative support.
JA of Middle TN is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, pregnancy, marital status, disability, genetic factor, sexual orientation, application or membership (current or past) in the uniformed services, public assistance status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a part-time position. Benefits include paid time off and participation in a 401k plan after 12 months.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume with a cover letter, including a paragraph about why you are interested in this job and what unique skills you bring, to JAMT_hr@janash.com.
Include “Receptionist” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: November 8, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/27/2023
- Salary Range: $17-$19/hr depending on experience
- Working Hours: 25 hrs/week; M-F 7:30am-12:30pm