Reception & Placement Case Manager
The Reception & Placement (R&P) Case Manager provides appropriate case management and support services to newly arrived refugees to foster the successful resettlement and integration of refugees. The R&P case manager accompanies refugees to assist them in accessing core resettlement services. The R&P program aims to effectively support individuals acclimate to their new country and attain self-sufficiency in their local community. The R&P case manager will provide support to all refugee clients scheduled to arrive in the community for a period of 90 days.
Essential Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provides translation/interpretation services as needed to English.
- Provides direct services to/for Inspiritus clients as assigned in a professional, courteous, and caring manner.
- Prior to refugee arrival, R&P case manager will facilitate or coordinate to find appropriate housing for the client.
- R&P case manager will pick up newly arrived refugees from the airport and provide linguistically and culturally appropriate interpretation as needed to do initial home visit and safety check.
- Provide warm meal and conduct a 24-hour home visit to ensure client concerns are addressed.
- Accompanies clients to appointments as needed for services (e.g. health screening, social security appointment, DFCS benefit enrollment, ESL/school registration/WIC.
- Assists refugees to complete and submit forms or applications for appropriate services.
- Ensure client receives extended cultural orientation within 90 days.
- Submits all documentation required to prove that services have been provided. This may involve copying original documents.
- Maintains all records and client files in an accurate, complete, confidential manner as required.
- Maintains personal and professional boundaries in the performance of the job.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Develops individualized, holistic service plans based on client needs.
- Networks and develops community contacts with other social service providers, including both mainstream providers and those that serve refugees exclusively. Uses contacts and networking to create and maintain a database of client services to supplement those that Inspiritus provides.
- Serves as interpreter when language skills are applicable for case services.
- Forges mutually respectful partnerships with clients, co-workers, and employers.
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities.
- Participates in in-service training and conferences related to the programs.
- Complies with the various federal, state or local laws that apply to and regulate the job responsibilities.
- Strives toward excellence in the areas of innovation, performance and extraordinary acts.
Non-Essential Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Financial Responsibilities: None
- Ensures that all R&P arrivals are provided with all core services within the 90 day service period.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two years of previous direct work experience in a culturally diverse environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to organize multiple client-related activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to balance the needs of the client and the employer.
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner.
- Excellent computer skills, accurate typing, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service populations cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must own a personal multi-passenger vehicle, hold a valid Georgia Drivers license and have personal auto insurance and a good driving record.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, competencies, skills and knowledge that ensures the successful completing of the essential job responsibilities.
- Experience in case management, health advocacy, community outreach, and partnership development preferred;
- Experience and/or extensive knowledge of immigration and/or refugee issues
- Reads, writes, and speaks a relevant foreign language
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Refugee Services Program Manager and other team members.
- Ability to manage a mobile workforce.
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer applications.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests.
Regularly required to talk and hear in person and on the telephone. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms to operate computer and other office equipment. Required to operate a personal vehicle. Employee frequently lifts and or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by personal motor vehicle and is exposed to changing weather conditions. May perform job functions at out-posted locations as assigned
Benefits at a glance
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January of 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We inspirit. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, Paid Time Off, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/16/2022
- Salary Range: $16.83 - $18.27 Hourly