Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Real Estate Industry Account Advisor
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2022 AT 11:59PM
Division: Industry and Governmental Affairs
Reports to: Assistant Director of Industry and Governmental Affairs
Location: West, TN
Salary Grade: 40
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $5,483
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: In conjunction with the Real Estate Industry Account Manager, develops and maintains THDA’s real estate education and relationship-building initiatives in Tennessee, focusing on Realtor education and direct marketing to real estate offices and homebuilders; conducts training; participates in various real estate engagement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working in conjunction with the Real Estate Industry Account Manager, develops and manages a comprehensive real estate industry outreach and educational plan to encourage participation in the Great Choice mortgage loan program.
- Cultivates improved relations with existing real estate partners and develops new realtor participation.
- Works collaboratively with the Assistant Director, Mortgage Customer Account Managers and Loan Operations staff to develop and enhance the organization’s presence in the Tennessee real estate market through different mediums.
- Develops and implements means of developing realtor engagement pursuant to the specific needs of different areas of the state.
- Monitors realtor participation penetration at the state level, regional level and county level.
- Conducts realtor training throughout the state with real estate offices, both one-on-one and group training, as well as offering a four (4) hour continuing education credited course through Tennessee real estate associations.
- Remains current on real estate market changes and challenges to share with the Director of Industry and Governmental Affairs, Assistant Director, and the Chief Administrative Officer of Single Family Programs.
- Works with THDA staff to participate in trade shows and other association appearances.
- Effectively interacts with real estate agents and developers.
- Maintains a firm working knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Conventional financing.
- Participates in Lender/Realtor Appreciation events.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, finance, economics, or related field.
- Three years of marketing or training experience, preferably in the real estate industry.
- Three years of experience in public and commercial loan practices, residential mortgage lending or other related fields; five or more years of experience preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of residential loan originating, production and underwriting in the mortgage industry.
- Demonstrates strong sales ability and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively present information, both one-on-one and to groups of people.
- Ability to think critically, plan, and organize details in order to successfully carry out projects and coordinate events.
- Ability to work independently to meet specific targeted goals and production expectations.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Ability to adjust to frequent procedural changes.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Frequent in-state and possible out-of-state travel, including overnight travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: April 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: 5,483/month