Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Quality Control Specialist (COVID-19 Rent Relief Program)
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
COVID-19 RENT RELIEF PROGRAM – QC SPECIALIST
(FULL-TIME LONG-TERM TEMPORARY)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Community Programs
Reports to: COVID-19 Rent Relief Program Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Full-time/Part-time: Full-time Long-Term Temporary
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists with the quality control reviews of the COVID-19 Rent Relief Program (CVRR) by testing the CVRR applications to ensure compliance of guidelines was followed for all approved and/or denied applications from the initial submission through the final payment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs secondary level reviews of applications underwritten and/or denied to ensure accuracy of the decision to approve or decline application.
- Determines applicant eligibility for the programs by reviewing landlord’s information, applicant’s income, and hardship documentation.
- Manages documentation as received, reviews file for completeness, and notifies Manager of incomplete applications, as applicable.
- Facilitates communications with Call Center staff, HORNE, LLP staff, CVRR Manager, Assistant Director, or Director through a secure platform, telephone contact, email and other means.
- Conducts Quality Control reviews to aid in the reduction of negative review outcomes from Internal Audit and/or Treasury reviews.
- Makes recommendations for staff trainings based on Quality Control review results.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all Quality Control Reviews to management monthly.
- Performs the Administrative Role in the HORNE system.
- Accurately tracks and reports progress on special projects to CVRR Manager, Assistant Director, and Director.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED is required; relevant post-high school certification is preferred.
- One year of experience in loan processing or underwriting, affordable housing program coordination, rental property management, program compliance, financial quality control, and/or auditing.
- One year experience in accounting, financial processing, underwriting, recertification, and/or compliance reviews.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to review, interpret and understand Federal Guidelines.
- Working knowledge of loan processing, underwriting, and closing principles under Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), United States Department of Agriculture/Rural Development (USDA/RD) and Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) regulations.
- Ability to calculate income based on different guidelines.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to review and understand Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax transcripts.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Ability to handle frequent procedural change.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: October 12, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $3,365