Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Quality Control Coordinator – Homeowners Assistance Fund
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATOR-HOMEOWNERS ASSISTANCE FUND
(FULL-TIME LONG-TERM TEMPORARY)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Mortgage Assistance and Compliance
Reports to: Assistant Director of Mortgage Assistance and Compliance
Location: Nashville, TN
Full-time/Part-time: Full-time Long-Term Temporary
Salary Grade: 32
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,710
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists with the quality control reviews of the COVID-19 Mortgage Assistance Program (HAF) by reviewing the HAF applications to ensure compliance with program guidelines for approved and/or denied applications from the initial submission through the final approval or denial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs Quality Control reviews of applications underwritten and/or denied to ensure accuracy of the decision to approve or decline the application.
- Confirms applicant eligibility for the programs by reviewing hardship documentation, income and asset information.
- Performs Quality Control reviews for loan payments and payment adjustments.
- Identifies payment discrepancies and prepares reports for resolution.
- Makes recommendations for staff trainings based on Quality Control reviews to management monthly.
- Accurately tracks and reports progress on special projects to Assistant Director or Chief, as applicable.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- One year of experience in loan processing, underwriting, affordable housing program coordination, program compliance, financial quality control or auditing.
- One year experience in accounting, financial processing, underwriting, recertification and/or compliance reviews.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Working knowledge of general accounting procedures, specifically related to consumer lending accounts payable.
- Some knowledge of mortgage lending or real estate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: October 28, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: 3,710.00/month