The Quality Analyst supports Cumberland Heights’ mission of transforming lives, providing hope and healing to those affected by Substance Use Disorders (SUDs).
The Quality Analyst is responsible for assigned operations in the areas of Quality Management under the direction of the Director of Quality Management. The Quality Analyst remains heavily involved in the day to day activities within the Quality Management department. Areas of direct involvement include: quality measurement (M), compliance (C), risk management (RM), complaint investigation (CI), and overall process improvement (PI). Additionally, the quality Analyst is charged with the overall maintenance of the organization’s strategic business intelligence/data science plan. The Quality Analyst is responsible for analyzing data regarding key organizational processes (e.g. efficacy of clinical intervention, incident reporting trends, attrition, continuing care, and key indicators of treatment success/failure).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- (M) Maintains and assists in the development of our strategic business intelligence/data science plan.
- (M) Analyzing data regarding key organizational processes (e.g. monthly reports, efficacy of clinical intervention, incident reporting trends, attrition, continuing care, and key indicators of treatment success/failure).
- (M) Maintains all organizational and departmental quality measurement activities, under the direction and collaboration from the Dir. Of Quality Management. (e.g. create, collect, analyze, and disseminate reports informed through our data infrastructure that increase insight into organizational programs, populations, and processes as assigned).
- (M) Assists the Dir. of Quality Management, Dir. of Information Technology, and Chief Science Officer in the creation of dynamic reports and visualization tools that provide actionable information to CH staff.
- (C) Assists the Director of Quality Management in maintaining the organization’s continuous compliance with all accrediting bodies including: the Joint Commission, ASAM/CARF, and any others as directed.
- (C) Assists the Director of Quality Management in maintaining the organization’s continuous state licensure of all facilities and programs, under the compliance of the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- (C) Assists with site visits and inspections of organizational facilities by various other regulatory bodies as directed.
- (RM) Reviews incident reports for accuracy and completeness, including tracking of follow up with various department managers and staff.
- (RM) Reports patterns of risk and/or serious events, along with recommendations, to the Director of Quality Management.
- (CI) Assists with investigations of customer/patient complaints, including ongoing customer contacts as directed and documentation of same.
- (PI) Assists in the management of process improvement protocols and projects as directed.
- Creates and maintains computer database for a variety of administrative tasks, schedules and documents, providing technical assistance to Quality Management Director as needed
- Drafts and completes a variety of administrative correspondence, reports, applications and proposals as assigned.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in public health, healthcare administration, behavioral health or related field preferred
- Two (2) years of experience required with healthcare quality management strongly preferred
- Experience in behavioral health and/or addiction medicine preferred but not required
- Knowledge of QI methodologies to include LEAN and Six Sigma preferred
- Microsoft applications: Word, Access, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook expertise required; Power BI and Tableau experience preferred
Excellent interpersonal skills, with particular ability to deescalate hostile persons in person and on telephone; excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail; ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel; excellent organizational skills; ability to learn and interpret various healthcare regulatory standards; ability to analyze data; ability to maintain complete confidentiality in regard to extremely sensitive information. Ability to lift 20 lbs.; ability to speak, hear, see, and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; If recovering, one (1) year of verifiable abstinence required with five years preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to occasional evening and weekend work and occasional travel. Position comes into contact, via telephone and in person, with hostile and angry customers who may require additional safety precautions.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Please apply @cumberlandheights.org
- Date Posted: April 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)